2 Clubs Short

On 10/12/2020 at 12:59, Saint 1 said:

I'm a big fan of what Wolfhunt are doing but they are some distance from being ready for League 1. 

Wolfhunt entered Yorkshire Division 5 this year (which obviously got scrubbed out due to COVID) so I would expect in terms of an NCL application they would have to work up the tiers somewhat first. They do also run some juniors, I know in 2018 they ran an u15s team in a Yorkshire league but think they were unable to get a team out for 2019. They were present at the Midlands junior festivals last year though.

In terms of Outlaws, our position remains that if stepping up to League 1 just means that we 1) just have to pay a bunch of Northerners to travel down to play for us 2) are no longer able to concentrate on the things we currently do well, then it isn't worth it.  Our juniors are concentrated primarily at the younger age groups, even if they were playing a full season in an organised league (they're not). While we are taking steps to develop our club and the game in the Midlands,  any League 1 presence for us at the minute would be fundamentally built on sand. 

Some common sense from someone who knows what it's like to run a club. Bringing in northerners or poaching from other southern teams at unsustainably high pay was a formula for disaster for the English clubs who came into League 1 in the last decade. Throwing in new UK clubs with no track record wasn't a success either. The idea of Bristol racing into League 1 as some suggest here is almost certainly going to lead to a repeat of UGAG and Oxford. Yes they've got good marketing so far, as did UGAG when they launched, but it takes a lot more than PR to make a club work.  

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

" Less fixtures " , as I put , the clubs know how many games they need , start later , end later 

I'm sure that's the most ineloquent post you've ever made.

I've no idea what you're trying to say.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Whom ever developed them should get paid a handsome fee. 

Not going to happen, not sure what an amateur club get these days but it used to be £50.00 for years and only an handful of clubs actually paid the fee and that was a cause of a lot of the bad feelings between the pro's and amateurs - Anyway how do you propose this system is going to work because the infrastructure in place isn't anything like the American college system I assume your basing the ideal on.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not going to happen, not sure what an amateur club get these days but it used to be £50.00 for years and only an handful of clubs actually paid the fee and that was a cause of a lot of the bad feelings between the pro's and amateurs - Anyway how do you propose this system is going to work because the infrastructure in place isn't anything like the American college system I assume your basing the ideal on.

Not my idea mate, just an idea. Ideas are worth looking into i think. Junior Clubs should get a lot more, no doubt. I guess the 1st thing they'd have to do is limit pro clubs to registering players only after they turned 18. 

Archived