So it's Newcastle..........

Chrome Dome

Well done to them , great folk over there , I hope they make it work as as a springboard for the game to flourish there . I can’t help feel though that we had a destination the RFL  wanted to arrive at even before the process began 

Not suprised at all about that decision. They have the ground and a backer and its expanding the game. Best of luck to them but the question is what kind of support will it get from the people of the north east  crowd wise.  You need some money behind you to stay in that league now and that's a little worrying for us cumbrians I.M.O.

No suprise that it is Newcastle and good luck to them.

I think we were right to put forward a case but with the young inexperienced squad we have put together I would have expected to get hammered most weeks and that would set us back years.Give this squad a season together next year to gel and then add a few old heads the following season for a promotion push and then this squad will be ready for the step up to the Championship.

Lets not forget that league is a lot tougher than it was last time we played in it.

Unfortunately after the ridiculous curtailing of building a new stadium that led to us losing the world cup games to Newcastle this was always the likely outcome. Just goes to show how pathetically narrow minded, ignorant and moronic those decision makers were. But anyway, at least were getting something from them....right? Right? 

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

There must now be some loop fixtures next season - one less team, no fans for almost 12 months by the start of next season so Town and all clubs need as many fans as possible so need more home games.

Padding things out with this cup which was so unappealing last time just won’t wash . But let’s be honest , the RFL don’t give a flying ffffffffffig about league one 

Archived