Jump to content

Professional Canadian League in 2022


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Gomersall said:

 

Sounds promising, I listened to a podcast with them not long after they launched and they seem keen to grow from the bottom up rather than announcing massive plans that fall through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

If they actually run this we should get the french over there for a game in Quebec. 

Against who? France would absolutely destroy them, by 150 points. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Against who? France would absolutely destroy them, by 150 points. 

France can send a weaker team and it doesn´t matter what the score is if it sells. Make it some 9´s games then but you have to have the carrot of internationals sit on top of this work for it to grow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

France can send a weaker team and it doesn´t matter what the score is if it sells. Make it some 9´s games then but you have to have the carrot of internationals sit on top of this work for it to grow. 

Not sure if internationals have the same appeal to N Americans as they do us, it’s not like there’s an international scene in NFL or CFL, or baseball. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eddie said:

Not sure if internationals have the same appeal to N Americans as they do us, it’s not like there’s an international scene in NFL or CFL, or baseball. 

True, this is a fair point but I´m also just thinking about pathways and events. End of their season we could get france to take a 9´s side over and plus 1 and get USA to have a 4 team tournament. We have to start thinking more than just Australia and New Zealand. This kind of small scale 4hr  event might be an option.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not sure if internationals have the same appeal to N Americans as they do us, it’s not like there’s an international scene in NFL or CFL, or baseball. 

They are huge followers of the national teams - men's and women's - in soccer though and it's the international 7s in RU that get the biggest support.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Some tasty-looking local derbies there.

If only Toronto had managed to get crowds as big as all those Super League teams eh?  

Edited by Hello
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Toronto were supposed to be playing Ottawa for the Canada Cup, but suddenly it's a US NARL team with no explanation as to why. Toronto are clearly trying to create a future but it's not looking promising for the Aces.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Toronto were supposed to be playing Ottawa for the Canada Cup, but suddenly it's a US NARL team with no explanation as to why. Toronto are clearly trying to create a future but it's not looking promising for the Aces.

I think what we’re seeing is a levelling our of what these clubs can deliver, from a player resource point of view.

We will also see how sustainable they are over the months and what development has been made in the next year or so.  Going to be interesting and I hope RL there can really grow.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...