Match Thread: Challenge Cup Third Round, Featherstone Rovers v Hull Saturday-10th-April-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No I mean we will be playing with a weakened team tonight, definitely no Lockwood and Kopczak and might be some other tactical changes too.

League far more important especially if we get points docked like most of the opposition fans on here want! 

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As a measure of how difficult our task is tonight with a weakened team...Hull crushed Salford 35-4 a week ago, Salford have just beaten Widnes 68-4.

yes they have  but you cant't compare the two games its like saying we beat bulls by 40 and eagles beat them by 50 so eagles favourite to beat us  

Anyway have you seen the highlights widnes were playing touch and pass non existing tackling I could go as far to say  if they play like that against us we will put a cricket score up against them

43 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

League far more important especially if we get points docked like most of the opposition fans on here want! 

what they want and what they get are two different things my understanding is you only get docked points you already have  in the bank if you break operational rules salary cap breach going into administration or playing somebody you shouldn't  

any way wigan at home after we'ave dispatched hull🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Pretty much as expected. They're a top-tier SL side, we're a Championship team, right decision to rest some of our starters.

Individual errors making the scoreline worse than it could have been. Without having counted it feels like less mistakes, just bad ones in positions you really cant afford to make them. Beyond that, Hull just look stronger, faster and more talented than we are, which can hardly come as a surprise. They're a form SL team of full time players, we're a part time team that at present is struggling for form. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Just now, gazza77 said:

Individual errors making the scoreline worse than it could have been. Without having counted it feels like less mistakes, just bad ones in positions you really cant afford to make them. Beyond that, Hull just look stronger, faster and more talented than we are, which can hardly come as a surprise. They're a form SL team of full time players, we're a part time team that at present is struggling for form. 

Yep, that about sums it up. One interesting substitution which to be honest it was hard to argue with, and might open up some interesting selection issues in the coming weeks.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep, that about sums it up. One interesting substitution which to be honest it was hard to argue with, and might open up some interesting selection issues in the coming weeks.

Possibly a planned one to try out different combinations, but I agree interesting nevertheless. I agree it needed to be looked at, Chizzy hasn't seemed up to his form of previous years as yet in 2021.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

22 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Time for Hall to give up the kicking tee.

I suggested that last week, and got shot down in flames. 🙄

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

12 hours ago, mightyship said:

Men against boys at the moment. 

To be fair - much better in 2nd half. Parata, Harrison and Halton had great games and much prefer us withHolmes at half back and Nu at hooker.

Good to win the 2nd half against a big super league team.

Talking on deducting points. It seems we are against it before the season gets going with London refusing to go to Toulouse and them getting 2 points.

Onto the game  .Not the best of performances but they are SL and the league is much more important .but we did win the second half .

9 minutes ago, haskey said:

Talking on deducting points. It seems we are against it before the season gets going with London refusing to go to Toulouse and them getting 2 points.

Onto the game  .Not the best of performances but they are SL and the league is much more important .but we did win the second half .

doesn't really matter how many points TO get all about us getting enough point's to get into playoffs and then once were there winning the final 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's really not!

Collateral form is not really a guide of course but I'm making the point that Salford are nowhere near as good as Hull at the moment.

I agree but would suggest on their  performance widnes are nowhere near as good as FEV at the moment.

Archived