Corey Thompson - Gold Coast

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I don't think you mentioned it on the David Fifita thread, who do you think is the best second row in the world at the moment?

How do you define best ?

For me it’s players who have performed consistently at a very high level on both sides of the ball,Fifita is a great talent who may go on to dominate the position but at this relatively early stage of his career he hasn’t got that unlike the likes of Kikau,Frizell,Arrow,Crichton,Tino,even Whitehead.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

How do you define best ?

For me it’s players who have performed consistently at a very high level on both sides of the ball,Fifita is a great talent who may go on to dominate the position but at this relatively early stage of his career he hasn’t got that unlike the likes of Kikau,Frizell,Arrow,Crichton,Tino,even Whitehead.

OK, let me rephrase the question.

If you were picking at world 13 today to win a game of rugby, who would you pick in the second row?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I don't think you mentioned it on the David Fifita thread, who do you think is the best second row in the world at the moment?

Tevita Pangai - just to annoy Manfred.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

2 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Tevita Pangai - just to annoy Manfred.

I thought he was outstanding today and comprehensively outplayed Fifita.

If he produced that with any kind of consistency then he would definitely be at the top of the tree.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I thought he was outstanding today and comprehensively outplayed Fifita.

If he produced that with any kind of consistency then he would definitely be at the top of the tree.

Indeed . He’s showing promising signs but he needs to back it up over and over . Haas has been in a badly struggling team but he does . On the second row one im picking Fifita as i think hes just a freakish talent who does things i dont see anyone else doing . And probably Kikau , but i want Crichton on the bench as his form is very strong 

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Kikau & Whitehead/Crichton 

Well, added together the three of them they haven't quite reached Fifita's tries, linebreaks and tackle breaks this year... but everyone is fully entitled to their opinion.

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Well, added together the three of them they haven't quite reached Fifita's tries, linebreaks and tackle breaks this year... but everyone is fully entitled to their opinion.

So what you really mean is who’s the best attacking back rower not the most complete.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So what you really mean is who’s the best attacking back rower not the most complete.

Fifita has missed fewer tackles and made fewer errors than the three you mentioned.

In what way are they more complete than Fifita,

On 30/04/2021 at 11:16, The storm said:

Corey Thompson was always excellent at widnes 

But here he is blasting it in the NRL with gold Coast today against Brisbane. 

Has there been a more successful returning player than Thompson in recent years 

Properly put the mockers on him with this thread. Couple of days later and he's picked up a syndesmosis injury that'll keep him out of action until July.

Archived