Week 2 London (Home)

townie88

I know it will probably be the same for every team but when you think we went into that with Miller, Scholey, Singleton, Curwen and Dawson missing and Jake went off fairly early it makes a good strong squad essential. Those who have stepped up didn’t look out of place, Bickerdike looked good again with a particularly nice piece of centre play and Lightowler, Brown and Ramsden all ran it in hard. Hensons distribution and speed of pass from acting half is excellent and O Donnell and O Brien both made telling contributions, not often you see 3 hookers in the pack. 

Henson’s gonna be a big player for us by the look of it . Not just his scoots but his passing was excellent . 

By the way looking at the edicts given to refs , how was the Skolars guy not sinbinned after Holroyds break in the first half ? He just lay in the ruck forever. Any higher league that’s 10 minutes

45 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Take that. we have the makings of a team worth watching. 

Absolutely! Good signs already and looks so much more to come from this team the more they play together and really start to gel. 

I don't know if it's enforced or inspired as the norm is for hookers to spell each other but having both on the field at the same time is making for so many options at the ruck area and thats before the ball gets to Doran. Early days I know but already looks to me an exciting brand of rugby Chris wants to develop.

54 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Henson’s gonna be a big player for us by the look of it . Not just his scoots but his passing was excellent . 

By the way looking at the edicts given to refs , how was the Skolars guy not sinbinned after Holroyds break in the first half ? He just lay in the ruck forever. Any higher league that’s 10 minutes

Ironically Holroyd got 10 mins for exactly that reason last week

4 hours ago, IanMac said:

Well we’ve won that game fairly easily but in all honesty we didn’t really get out of 2nd gear. Some lovely tries scored but too many mistakes for which we’d be punished against better teams. Some good individual performances but also some injuries to worry about. I don’t think either of the Jakes came back on and Gabe was really struggling before he went off. 

Unfortunately I think jake is at least 4 weeks out, gabe i don’t know but he had a moon boot on after them match hopefully just a precaution, but i suppose that’s the beauty of a big squad, fair play to London in the first 15,20 minutes they had a game plan and they stuck to it , and played well until town settled and took control,so in general a good match in parts and abreast 2 points 

Archived