Elite 1 Play-offs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Avignon try wasn't disallowed when Carcassonne where playing with 11 men I think it would have been a different result. Tomorrow will be a great game. A bit more physical. 37 degrees forecast for tomorrow apparently! 

Missed it live Saturday as at Skolars. Anybody know if game available on You Tube or anywhere else?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

14 hours ago, barnyia said:

Yes. It looked like a try to me. The touch judge is a good ref who does the touch in super league sometimes so he probably got it right. 

Watched it again and it looks like his feet might have been on the touch line before he grounded the ball and then took out the corner flag but without another camera angle you have to go with the linesman call.

3 minutes ago, barnyia said:

36 degrees now forecast. With a bit of a breeze thankfully 25 to 45kmph. But in the sun it'll feel alot more i reckon. 

I’ve just been out running this morning (East of England)… 21C but definitely warmer in the direct sun. 36C sounds horrendous as I was way too hot…

… good luck to all the players!

Avignon did well to win at Limoux with a late try from Rey. As yesterday, as  like last week, everything went around Jouffret. He couldn't on his own at Domec. Gigot and Moran were really needed to be a real challenge. Mendy and Durandal tried their best against a very strong Canaris pack. The former had to come off with knee injury late on. SOA just not enought numbers across their line-up to make headway. Good to see some support from Avignon fans who the made trip down.

Avignon isolated up in Provence but it's important that they can stay amongst the top 6 teams in Elite 1. They lose so many to the Dragons and TO. Think of Garcia ,Yaha, Mourgue and Jullien who were at Leigh yesterday. Unfortunately former players such as Duport and Pala don't return home after Super League duties.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived