Cup final tickets

6 hours ago, wasginger said:

Well Josef K that appears to contradict both the security and police, who were supervising that end of the stadium. Fev fans were told it had been an easy day and wished the Fev supporters a safe journey home. This is from an someone actually in the Fev end. What's the fascination in trying to stir sh*t up for Fev after a great display and effort from both teams.

I wasn’t stirring anything up if you looked at what i read, i said i didn’t see any bother and the Fev fans we were talking too were really nice people. It was some Cas fans who said Fev were causing bother. 

Edited by Josef K

20 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep we cant make people stay but double headers only work if people stay to watch them.  

I do worry how much magic weekend became an affordable wembley alternative. 

Problem with that is CC is on FTA and magic is behind a paywall. 

The double header isnt about watching both games, its about not hiring 2 venues at 2 costs, Wembley had already been paid for so in essence a free venue for the final. Wembley was never going to sell out so free money to the RFL for tickets sold on top of the CC tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

The double header isnt about watching both games, its about not hiring 2 venues at 2 costs, Wembley had already been paid for so in essence a free venue for the final. Wembley was never going to sell out so free money to the RFL for tickets sold on top of the CC tickets.

I don't think its true that it's a free venue. You are still hiring a stadium for at least an additional 2 hours with all the associated staffing costs on top of that. I'm certain the RFL won't be paying the same for 1 match v 2.

6 hours ago, Damien said:

I don't think its true that it's a free venue. You are still hiring a stadium for at least an additional 2 hours with all the associated staffing costs on top of that. I'm certain the RFL won't be paying the same for 1 match v 2.

Maybe they pay for the day rate?

Baring in mind usual the Stephen Mullaney schoolboy match is normally played pre-cup final.

If the game could fit all 3 games in, schoolboy, ladies final & mens final that would make a lovely occasion.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

On 18/07/2021 at 08:55, Leonard said:

Yes - it was nowhere near 45k - although I think the Fev and York fans all left after their game. Certainly a lady and her son next to us did and the areas with fans for that game were empty for the CC final.

Most Fev fans stayed for both finals. Can't speak for York as I was in the other end.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Anyone know the attendance on Saturday? Haven't seen it published anywhere yet.

A restricted crowd of 40,000 were in attendance for the final, the biggest at a rugby league game in the UK since the Covid-19 pandemic began, and Woolf was delighted his team were able to celebrate with the St Helens fans who made the trip to Wembley.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12358022/challenge-cup-final-2021-kristian-woolf-praises-st-helens-hunger-to-keep-winning-trophies

And from where I was sitting in the Lower Tier I would say with te naked eye that's about right.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

40k seems about right 

After being moved from Club Wembley my lot, though disappointed, were ok with the seats we were given, as it gave a different perspective on the game, and in row 9, certainly close to the action. 

The Club Wembley block we should have been in had 3 rows of 10 empty seats, so its still baffling, why 4 of us were unable to be accommodated. The fans we spoke to one side of us in the lower tier were also moved from CW. 

But a good day and also a fast, exciting game.

18 hours ago, Josef K said:

I wasn’t stirring anything up if you looked at what i read, i said i didn’t see any bother and the Fev fans we were talking too were really nice people. It was some Cas fans who said Fev were causing bother. 

Do you know Josef my feet are burning off. That's with jumping in both feet. Thanks for putting a silly old b****r in his place. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasginger said:

Do you know Josef my feet are burning off. That's with jumping in both feet. Thanks for putting a silly old b****r in his place. lol

No problem wasginger, rereading what i put down i really need to(o) sort out my speeling & grummer as it’s shocking. 

• Haha 1

For the first time for years I couldn't go as I had to travel to Berkshire for a family matter Saturday but I have to say it cheered me up travelling across London and seeing loads of people in RL tops including at Paddington. It is the only time of the year that I do but its great!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Damien said:

I wouldnt be so sure, in previous years they have held junior finals before the cup final, the RFL wouldnt do this for an extra cost, maybe Wembley want the fans spending money inside the stadium instead of the bars and cafes outside the stadium?

Edited by yipyee

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I wouldnt be so sure, in previous years they have held junior finals before the cup final, the RFL wouldnt do this for an extra cost, maybe Wembley want the fans spending money inside the stadium instead of the bars and cafes outside the stadium?

I never said I was so sure, I said I don't think that's right. I still don't.

What junior matches do you refer to? The only matches I recall prior to the 1895 cup is the schoolboy match which is short in length and part of the normal build up when the stadium would be open anyway. That certainly doesn't require additional time and a game of schoolboys doesn't cause wear and tear on the pitch.

Having not read through this topic completely, therevare two other points from Saturday.

Having been been in the contradictory position of a non-socially distanced scrum to give proof of COVID vacination at 11.30am. There were no programme sales going on outside the ground. So I nipped in to see Featherstone v York before the CC Final. When inside I was told all programme sales were outside the ground with no programmes on sale in the stadium. Fortunately I like others got a programme after the CC Final.

Wembley needs to get it's act together.

In addition on the way back, while I am totally in support of opening the country up I was disturbed at the number of fans on crowded tube tains that were not wearing a face mask. Already the Met Police are calling the soccer tournament The Wembley Variant for number of officers self-isolating .

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

I noticed the lack of programmes too. Also some of the craft beer stalls were missing,I assume they thought it not worth the bother with a reduced attendance. Incidentally,the 40k quoted felt about right to me.

Regarding the tube trains,which were very hot and sweaty,I found the contrary to The Red Rooster in that mask wearing was pretty well observed. Just shows how an individual snapshot in time can colour ones opinion on a matter.

All told,a pretty good experience this year. Didn't see any trouble at all,the coppers all seemed relaxed and cheerful enough.

Thought the mask wearing wad fairly high on the Tube, maybe 80%

We spoke to some stewards at half time, they it was more or less full staff, with 50% capacity

One or two concessions weren't open, but it was a fully working Wembley as far as I could see