Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A bit of a bizarre news today, that there will be a delay on the release of tickets.

Surely the best day to start to sell them is the monday after the semi finals!

Releasing a nominal amount and clubs having waiting lists ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just make a tiny bit of effort and you can find out the reason, which is a very sensible one.

I come on the forum to hear other people moaning instead of my wife😂

The statement is pretty good tbh. They state that they have held back allowance for the finalists so not a major issue, but they want to maximise the tickets so are giving it a week to work through th

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

A bit of a bizarre news today, that there will be a delay on the release of tickets.

Surely the best day to start to sell them is the monday after the semi finals!

Releasing a nominal amount and clubs having waiting lists ?

Or how about sell a load of tickets, then find that some people who’ve bought them can’t go and then have the farce of returning tickets to some but not others. Actually I’m surprised the RFL didn’t take that action. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Or how about sell a load of tickets, then find that some people who’ve bought them can’t go and then have the farce of returning tickets to some but not others. Actually I’m surprised the RFL didn’t take that action. 

Better still just sell them all to SL and  let FEV and York take one man and his dog🧍🐕  😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Or how about sell a load of tickets, then find that some people who’ve bought them can’t go and then have the farce of returning tickets to some but not others. Actually I’m surprised the RFL didn’t take that action. 

How do you mean? What's the basis of some being able to attend and not others? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For once the RFL have got is right re sale of tickets, just wait till 14th gov statement release and then take it from there.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  I don't Know how many will be allowed in if restrictions not lifted, lets say 16000 to 20000 supporters.Above that unlimited tickets should go on sale for people who can prove they have received 2 jabs.So i can't see a problem with at least 50000 to 60000 attending in safety.Transmission outdoors in the fresh air is not a threat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  I don't Know how many will be allowed in if restrictions not lifted, lets say 16000 to 20000 supporters.Above that unlimited tickets should go on sale for people who can prove they have received 2 jabs.So i can't see a problem with at least 50000 to 60000 attending in safety.Transmission outdoors in the fresh air is not a threat.

The RFL had 17k on sale for some time, they went off sale at the weekend, I believe. I’m not sure if that figure includes those who carried over their tickets from last year or not, though. 

That’s before they announced what the clubs are getting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, POR said:

Better still just sell them all to SL and  let FEV and York take one man and his dog🧍🐕  😀

Which is exactly what some Castleford idiots are suggesting; refunding all those who’ve already bought tickets and then splitting them between the challenge cup finalists....because of course now telling community clubs, (potential) blue chip companies, charities, sponsors, the general public etc that the tickets they’ve bought are now invalid so Dave and his mates from Airedale can come instead is a great way of thinking. I’ve also seen some say the ‘mickey mouse cup’ should now be played elsewhere. It’s really disappointing seeing those kind of comments especially after a lot of clubs fans rallied round Cas and signed the petition to get their academy license reinstated.
 

Personally I think Castlefords allocation should be based on the 37 people they took to an away match at Widnes in 2003 (I was one of them!). Seems fair 😉

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dave T said:

How do you mean? What's the basis of some being able to attend and not others? 

Exactly, it would be impossible to decide who to take tickets off and who to let go if they’d already sold them. Until they know what the capacity will be it seems crazy to start selling them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Exactly, it would be impossible to decide who to take tickets off and who to let go if they’d already sold them. Until they know what the capacity will be it seems crazy to start selling them. 

You’d also have a situation like in my case where I’m a season ticket holder but bought tickets last month. So the RFL could take back the tickets I bought on general sale, then as a season ticket holder allow me to buy tickets. It would be farcical.

For now the RFL have made the right decision until we hear what Uncle Boris says. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

   Trouble is it is almost certain that we will have another 2 week of restrictions.Which we could just about manage ticket wise.But who is to say after that the transmission rates keep rising so we have another 2 weeks that would be the Monday after the Final.Out of over 12000 infected in Bolton only 3 who had been vaccinated twice ended up in hospital.We should be ok with a 2 week extention but it is cutting it fine,I would rather not go than a kid miss out on going to Wembley the youngsters are the future of our game both as supporters and a few of them maybe future players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The statement is pretty good tbh. They state that they have held back allowance for the finalists so not a major issue, but they want to maximise the tickets so are giving it a week to work through the numbers with the government. 

All seems fair enough. They are doing it to get as many tickets as they can - the fans should support this move. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be crazy for them to do anything else as far as I can see. There will be some number of tickets rolled over from last year (including mine) and they don't have any certainty on what the allowable capacity will be. They really don't want to be in a situation where they have sold more tickets than they have capacity for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsontown said:

It would be crazy for them to do anything else as far as I can see. There will be some number of tickets rolled over from last year (including mine) and they don't have any certainty on what the allowable capacity will be. They really don't want to be in a situation where they have sold more tickets than they have capacity for.

  I would like supporters who have had 2 jabs to be counted as 0 against any crowd capacity restriction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  I would like supporters who have had 2 jabs to be counted as 0 against any crowd capacity restriction.

That's beyond the remit of the RFL to decide.

Please don't turn this thread into a discussions about the pros and cons of Covid passports, lockdown lifting and suchlike, or it'll end up being locked or punted into the politics sub forum, as all those matters are decided by the government.

Thanks.

  • Like 3

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So looking at it the Euro final has 45k sold so that would be the baseline? 17K sold X amount given to sponsors, they could divide the rest and sell these and create waiting lists if the capacity can increase..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

So looking at it the Euro final has 45k sold so that would be the baseline? 17K sold X amount given to sponsors, they could divide the rest and sell these and create waiting lists if the capacity can increase..

THe problem you have is that you may be in a situation where you limit season ticket holders to 1 per person. THis really limits the ability of families, groups of friends to travel to Wembley for the final, which is what it is all about.

Freeing up as many tickets as possible allows for a better sales process - waiting hopefully just a week to do this is sensible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

THe problem you have is that you may be in a situation where you limit season ticket holders to 1 per person. THis really limits the ability of families, groups of friends to travel to Wembley for the final, which is what it is all about.

Freeing up as many tickets as possible allows for a better sales process - waiting hopefully just a week to do this is sensible.

I agree, if say 25k are currently available the 10k to each SL club 2.5k to the champ clubs which is similar to their average attendances..(lets not be perdantic on the numbers) then each ST holder can get upto 4? Upto 2? Each and then ballet for each category with a waiting list for everyone else ST first non ST second.

We are lucky in a way as the Euros semis and final are all at Wembley and there is already huge pressure to allow the capacity to be increased to full capacity. If this happens then the precident has been set for us

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

That's beyond the remit of the RFL to decide.

Please don't turn this thread into a discussions about the pros and cons of Covid passports, lockdown lifting and suchlike, or it'll end up being locked or punted into the politics sub forum, as all those matters are decided by the government.

Thanks.

Taken on board just some forward thinking to solve a potential problem.As the RFL are not fit to run a car boot sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Taken on board just some forward thinking to solve a potential problem.As the RFL are not fit to run a car boot sale.

It's amazing what some people will blame the RFL for.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  We should be ok with a 2 week extention but it is cutting it fine,I would rather not go than a kid miss out on going to Wembley the youngsters are the future of our game both as supporters and a few of them maybe future players.

That’s how I feel. I bought a ticket many months ago but if it’s going to be 22.5k capacity - as currently permitted - I’d rather a York or Fev fan got to see their club at Wembley. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scubby said:

Can I pay on the day? 😀

what a stupid idea - imagine ringing your mate to see if they fancy going to a game or tagging along with a couple of family members or being so unorganised in life that you may choose to attend a game randomly even at the last hour - walking up and paying an entrance fee on the day? crazy stuff-no wonder wembley etc used to look empty on the big occasions 

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...