Match thread: 1895 Cup final at Wembley. Featherstone v York Saturday 17th July

marklaspalmas

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Webster has it who will be doing the pre -match and half time coaching/game plan.I would think Webster would only be able to do it through Video link or phone.Time for Marchy to step up or is he positive?.If we have a few out it must give York more confidence.I would rather see a close game than a twenty or thirty points blow out.

Slightly concerning update from Fev
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/ab-sundecks-1895-cup-final-update-YQJEW

"York had one positive in their round of lateral flow testing, and after two other positive results in previous days, the Multiple Cases Group require them to have a further round of testing on Saturday morning...

"...Given the latest developments, any Featherstone or York supporters who do not wish to travel to the game can apply today (Friday) to have their tickets refunded, by contacting ticketing@rfl.co.uk . The results of York’s additional testing round will be confirmed as soon as possible on Saturday morning."

Hopefully this is all just precautionary.

On 15/07/2021 at 10:21, David Shepherd said:

This screening of healthy people with no symptoms is insane. As a society, we've collectively lost our marbles.

Couldn't agree more. What on earth is it going to take for folks to snap out of it and say 'enough'?  

1 minute ago, Adam B said:

Couldn't agree more. What on earth is it going to take for folks to snap out of it and say 'enough'?  

Dying, maybe?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 15/07/2021 at 10:51, David Shepherd said:

These are fit young men. Their risk of any bad effects is so miniscule, there is probably more chance of them becoming seriously injured by a homicidal pair of swimming trunks.

This is also spot on, but (as we can see from the reply above) all perspective and reason long since departed for those for whom the Govt's Covid response has become the new religion.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Can I politely offer the opinion that, relevant though it may perhaps be, there is very little to gain from turning this thread into a debate on testing, lockdown etc.

While it is of course centrally relevant to the sheet-show we are now seeing around our ability to put out a viable team for a televised game at Wembley, I might posit that being too polite and accommodating is perhaps what's got us all into the current mess, however I shall say no more on the subject lest an authoritarian admin decides to butcher the thread for the sin of departing from the permitted narrative.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Can I politely offer the opinion that, relevant though it may perhaps be, there is very little to gain from turning this thread into a debate on testing, lockdown etc.

You could apply that to every single topic ever written on a rugby forum PH. It has a similar relevance to tap room talk in 1986.

It's a message board for Rugby chat, bragging rights, spleen venting and as is usually the case for myself and many others, talking utter blox.

It is what it is mate.

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

You could apply that to every single topic ever written on a rugby forum PH. It has a similar relevance to tap room talk in 1986.

It's a message board for Rugby chat, bragging rights, spleen venting and as is usually the case for myself and many others, talking utter blox.

It is what it is mate.

Don't disagree at all, just think the Any Other Business/Politics forum might be a more suitable debate for that particular subject.

My own view is that what unites us on here is that we're all Fev fans, on here I'm not really bothered whether people are pro/anti Lockdown, Government, Brexit, etc, this is where we escape from all that ######. That's just my opinion though.

33 minutes ago, Adam B said:

This is also spot on, but (as we can see from the reply above) all perspective and reason long since departed for those for whom the Govt's Covid response has become the new religion.

Hospitals filling with the under 50's, many of whom are on ventilators, but please travel along on your own sweet way.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

33 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Wasn't it the case that a couple of Newcastle United players were out for a few months after having Covid?. The young can also get Long Covid, which affects about 1 in 8. But hey, let's ignore that because we want to watch some rugby.

Archived