Newcastle (H)

Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

So, just to be clear, you think that the Newcastle fans on the drive up the A1, should be worrying about the points they conceded rather than celebrating the 43 they scored away from home? 

lf l was paying my squad full time salaries and they conceded 18 points in one half against a low in confidence part time team l wouldnt be impressed. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

lf l was paying my squad full time salaries and they conceded 18 points in one half against a low in confidence part time team l wouldnt be impressed. 

You didn't answer the question I asked. I understand the sentiment, as it deflects from the Dewsbury performance, but a decent away win at any time is worth celebrating! While Newcastle maybe full-time, they haven't changed their team that much if at all from their part time days. 

37 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Think they simply were relieved yesterday we're Newcastle  🤔

23 minutes ago, distantdog said:

You didn't answer the question I asked. I understand the sentiment, as it deflects from the Dewsbury performance, but a decent away win at any time is worth celebrating! While Newcastle maybe full-time, they haven't changed their team that much if at all from their part time days. 

you seem to be intent on focussing on demeaning the Dewsbury performance where as l am focussed on the improvements we are seeing each week. l simply stated that to concede 43 points was not great but to score 22 points, 18 of them in one half against a full time outfit is a good improvement. Dewsbury worked hard second half and deserve credit for that.  It was too many mistakes first half that was the issue

11 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

you seem to be intent on focussing on demeaning the Dewsbury performance where as l am focussed on the improvements we are seeing each week. l simply stated that to concede 43 points was not great but to score 22 points, 18 of them in one half against a full time outfit is a good improvement. Dewsbury worked hard second half and deserve credit for that.  It was too many mistakes first half that was the issue

I am not demeaning anything or anyone! The result tells a story. I am suggesting your assertion that Newcastle should be down in the dumps after a win away from home by a substantial margin is ridiculous and deflecting from the result. If the result had been the other way round, would you have had a miserable Sunday evening?

39 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I don’t think they are even full time fully yet when we played them I heard they don’t train until Wednesday Thursday with a team run Saturday morning before the game Sunday 

so it’s better for them to stay in Newcastle for the north/north west players 

2 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

It doesn't matter what Newcastle's owners or backers think. 

We are now at risk of relegation and playing badly. Our forwards had no problems getting us into the Newcastle 20 but we just didn't have the ability to turn the pressure into points, which has been a problem all season. And conceding 8 tries won't win any game.

I still hope we have enough to stay up, but we need to improve.

5 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It doesn't matter what Newcastle's owners or backers think. 

We are now at risk of relegation and playing badly. Our forwards had no problems getting us into the Newcastle 20 but we just didn't have the ability to turn the pressure into points, which has been a problem all season. And conceding 8 tries won't win any game.

I still hope we have enough to stay up, but we need to improve.

i dont understand the comment about us not turning pressure into points. Clearly we did in the second half. The 18-22 scoreline clearlt shows that.

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I don’t think they are even full time fully yet when we played them I heard they don’t train until Wednesday Thursday with a team run Saturday morning before the game Sunday 

so it’s better for them to stay in Newcastle for the north/north west players 

They have been full time since 1st June.

2 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

i dont understand the comment about us not turning pressure into points. Clearly we did in the second half. The 18-22 scoreline clearlt shows that.

We have the 2nd worst points for in the Championship averaging just under 16 points a game. 

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

I am not demeaning anything or anyone! The result tells a story. I am suggesting your assertion that Newcastle should be down in the dumps after a win away from home by a substantial margin is ridiculous and deflecting from the result. If the result had been the other way round, would you have had a miserable Sunday evening?

The result does tell a story you are correct. Poor first half performance by the Rams saw us 25-4 down at half time. 2nd half showed a much improved performance losing 18-22. my point is simply that Newcastle should be concerned at the points conceded.

7 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

The result does tell a story you are correct. Poor first half performance by the Rams saw us 25-4 down at half time. 2nd half showed a much improved performance losing 18-22. my point is simply that Newcastle should be concerned at the points conceded.

I am sure they will be and being full time will work on it. Your original point was about the Newcastle supporter though, who I don't think will be overly concerned about those points conceded. Good for you for seeing the positives in the 22-43 result but I think you misread the room if you seriously think those 22 home points spoilt the Newcastle supporters journey back to the North east

16 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

It doesn't matter that much conceding 22 when you score 43. If they could kick better it'd be nearly 50. 

This is a Dewsbury forum looking at Dewsburys performance. Newcastle had the game won by half time

8 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It doesn't matter that much conceding 22 when you score 43. If they could kick better it'd be nearly 50. 

This is a Dewsbury forum looking at Dewsburys performance. Newcastle had the game won by half time

I know this is a Dewsbury forum. l was just looking at things from a different perspective. 

Archived