RLWC21 - Alternate Branding

At first glance the ball on the proposed logo looks more like a basketball to me. Several references to the north and industrial heritage etc, I think the chosen branding went completely away from that.

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

On the concept above, not sure having 14 in Roman numerals is a great idea

we went with using 13 instead

Yes the crown thing looks odd to me generally and including a number between xiii and xv is tone deaf given the sport's historic use of the former and of the importance of the distinction to the sport.

Moreover what is the 14 representing? It's the 16th world cup.

There was some nice stuff there, I think the colour schemes were nice and modern and more striking than what we have now, although you could argue that they are similar colours to what many sports are using now. 

Like Whippet, I thought the logo looked like a basketball and I much prefer the use of the trophy. I like the fact the trophy has been consistently used in modern times, and I think it should maybe always be a part of the branding, not unlike the Olympic rings. 

Think it looked quite nice, but so does the current stuff, so it's all good. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

There was some nice stuff there, I think the colour schemes were nice and modern and more striking than what we have now, although you could argue that they are similar colours to what many sports are using now. 

Like Whippet, I thought the logo looked like a basketball and I much prefer the use of the trophy. I like the fact the trophy has been consistently used in modern times, and I think it should maybe always be a part of the branding, not unlike the Olympic rings. 

Think it looked quite nice, but so does the current stuff, so it's all good. 

The brief stipulated the colours had to stay similar to the existing branding.

IIRC They also said that they would prefer to see the cup in the logo but would welcome alternate options 

Archived