Big weekend for league one

Rob Nash

Fair to say positions 1 & 2 are sorted. 3, 4 and 5 are wide open.

For the record I'd be gutted if we lost and finished 5th. It could easily happen. This is probably the biggest game of the season so far for both Doncaster and Keighley. Personally I want this more than anything at this point. Hopefully Johnston and Beharell are available. Winning this game would mean the world to me after these appalling 18 months.

A big weekend indeed.

As far as we are concerned in North Wales, the target for this season was to reach the playoffs and then see what happens after after that. So mission accomplished so far, from now on anything else is a bonus and I think we might be the only club who are actually going to enjoy the whole process. Having said that, just like everyone else we will be aiming for the big prize.

I've just worked out the percentages for win, lose or draw for each club. I've put North Wales first because we are playing on Saturday.

North Wales  win 64.70%  draw 61.76%  lose 58.82%

Doncaster     win 67.65%  draw 64.70%  lose 61.76%

Keighley        win 63.89%  draw 61.11%  lose 58.33%

So it is possible for North Wales and Doncaster to finish on the same percentage, but with points difference at +85 for North Wales and +82 for Doncaster it is too close to call until Sunday.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

1 minute ago, fearnowt said:

A big weekend indeed.

As far as we are concerned in North Wales, the target for this season was to reach the playoffs and then see what happens after after that. So mission accomplished so far, from now on anything else is a bonus and I think we might be the only club who are actually going to enjoy the whole process. Having said that, just like everyone else we will be aiming for the big prize.

I've just worked out the percentages for win, lose or draw for each club. I've put North Wales first because we are playing on Saturday.

North Wales  win 64.70%  draw 61.76%  lose 58.82%

Doncaster     win 67.65%  draw 64.70%  lose 61.76%

Keighley        win 63.89%  draw 61.11%  lose 58.33%

So it is possible for North Wales and Doncaster to finish on the same percentage, but with points difference at +85 for North Wales and +82 for Doncaster it is too close to call until Sunday.

however, for us to finish on same percentage as donny, we will maintain our pts diff over them(win-draw or draw-lose). Can't see us slipping up against skolars, so it's deffo 3rd or 4th for us 🙂

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

however, for us to finish on same percentage as donny, we will maintain our pts diff over them(win-draw or draw-lose). Can't see us slipping up against skolars, so it's deffo 3rd or 4th for us 🙂

Thanks, I was too tired to work that one out. 😴

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

1 minute ago, fearnowt said:

Thanks, I was too tired to work that one out. 😴

Like you said earlier, our target was the playoffs, and we've made it!! Think I caused a few raised eyebrows at the beginning of the season when I predicted Cru pushing out a more established team for a playoff spot (I was picking from Hunslet, Rochdale and Keighley when I made that prediction, and so it has come to pass 😄 ).

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Home advantage for Workington in the play offs will be be huge.

3 Cumbrian ( well 2 + 1 Lancastrian)  teams in the Championship will be good for the coffers with hopefully good crowds in attendance.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Home advantage for Workington in the play offs will be be huge.

3 Cumbrian ( well 2 + 1 Lancastrian)  teams in the Championship will be good for the coffers with hopefully good crowds in attendance.

Maybe, but a certain team has won 40-18 at Derwent Park and I don't mean Worky!

Home advantage … what happened before etc etc , I just think now it doesn’t matter . Play offs are all about on the day and , after a long bruising season trying to get out as good and healthy a squad out as possible . 

Squad depth plays a massive  part at this time of year , players are all broken so whoever gets near to their best 17 on the park will have one hell of a chance .. I can’t pick between any of the teams in play off places it’s that tight … but I know for sure Derwent Park will be rocking .. good luck to you all but especially  … UTT😊

Archived