Jump to content

Elite 1 is back this weekend


Recommended Posts

As a Frenchman, I find it important that you can have realistic information to have a real overview of the situation. I remain convinced that France and the development of its solid national championship is the key to the development of the discipline in Europe much more than other wacky projects that the media tend to put forward. I hope a team will represent our country in the Challenge Cup, we have so many good memories with Lezignan whether in Rochdale, Widnes, Barrow, Whitehaven or Workington. I take this opportunity to congratulate on this forum Barnya who is champion of France Elite and one of his sons champion of France in the U15 category.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

The Federation and Luc Lacoste did a great job over the weekend. Taking it back to Narbonne was the right thing for sure. Two days of games never seen before. Saturday saw two wheel chair challenges Elite 1 with the Dragons Handi up against Montauban and Elite 2 between STO XIII and Vichy. Looks like that the Toulouse link-up is with the rugby union set-up at Ernest Wallon. Two womens' games Elite 1 Lescure from Albi up against the Catalan Deésses side and the Elite 2 between a side from Bordeaux-Bègles and Limoux.

On the Sunday 5 games covering games U15,U17,U19 and the Elite 1 Championship bringing it to a close. An excellent crowd bigger than it's been in some years. The Fed had lots of French jerseys and T-shirts for sale and two bands to keep everybody entertained.

Edited by audois
  • Like 7

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to talk nonsense but I think that the bandas (the brass bands) were commissioned by the clubs of Limoux and Carcassonne

  • Like 2

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Noticed Catalans u19s beat Toulouse in there gf. Any of them players look like they could play sl in a few years.

Two horse race U19s undefeated 18-0. Only TO got near them . Sunday it was 22-8 with  try count only 3 to two

They played TO last week in the semi-final of the Cup going down 20-18.

Against Aude teams -Lezignan 70-0/Carcassonne 64-4/Limoux 76-12

  • Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2022 at 11:32, Charlie said:

Noticed Catalans u19s beat Toulouse in there gf. Any of them players look like they could play sl in a few years.

Highlights here

https://www.to13.com/actualites/u19-le-to-sincline-en-finale-du-championnat-de-france-u19-elite/

*It appears I think that both clubs have National U19s teams too. A final next weekend up at Albi

I remember years back TO came to Carcassonne with just nine lads u19s. Shows how much they've grown.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/05/2022 at 19:18, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Is the wales international at albi on tv or online anywhere ?

 

Would expect. Toulouse based viàOccitaine did a decent job .for the Elite 1 Chamionship. Albi just up the road. France 2 free-to air public TV who did the St Helens Challenge Cup semi final in Perpignan recently could build on that.

  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/05/2022 at 23:30, audois said:

The Federation and Luc Lacoste did a great job over the weekend. Taking it back to Narbonne was the right thing for sure. Two days of games never seen before. Saturday saw two wheel chair challenges Elite 1 with the Dragons Handi up against Montauban and Elite 2 between STO XIII and Vichy. Looks like that the Toulouse link-up is with the rugby union set-up at Ernest Wallon. Two womens' games Elite 1 Lescure from Albi up against the Catalan Deésses side and the Elite 2 between a side from Bordeaux-Bègles and Limoux.

On the Sunday 5 games covering games U15,U17,U19 and the Elite 1 Championship bringing it to a close. An excellent crowd bigger than it's been in some years. The Fed had lots of French jerseys and T-shirts for sale and two bands to keep everybody entertained.

 

100% agree. The videos of the games, the atmosphere and a good crowd were all plus points. It made me think back to days when Rugby XIII was stronger in France, although I admit much work is still to be done to get back to that. What I'd call a large stride in the right direction. 

  • Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RayCee said:

100% agree. The videos of the games, the atmosphere and a good crowd were all plus points. It made me think back to days when Rugby XIII was stronger in France, although I admit much work is still to be done to get back to that. What I'd call a large stride in the right direction. 

To be fair the  Aude sides have domainated of late and just down the road too. Limoux put a womens' as well as Leizinan put out a U15s. The Catalans U19 like wise with TO there. Enjoyed their close battle.

Looks like  Pia could be back in Elite 1 next season. The Catalans lost Palau a few years back  but Pia offfer some thing different. When they were kicked out they were a top side.

It's a step forward and some thing to build on for sure

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Unsure where to put this but this seems as good a place as any - Albi young gun Baptiste Fabre has headed back to Australia to join the Easts Tigers who play in the QLD Cup as a feeder team for the Melbourne Storm.

Clement Boyer also headed to Australia following the Elite 1 season and is playing in the BRL (Brisbane RL) which is a level below QCUP, he's playing for Pine Rivers Bears who feed into Redcliffe Dolphins QCup side and looking at recent team lists there's quite a few players who have played regular QCup in the side. Probably not a bad club to get a start at given the Dolphins will be entering the NRL next year and no doubt will be looking for more talent to play in their Cup side next season.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see this little Elite 1 conveyor belt . Bet Aussies would love another market to tap into with time. 

1 hour ago, UTK said:

Unsure where to put this but this seems as good a place as any - Albi young gun Baptiste Fabre has headed back to Australia to join the Easts Tigers who play in the QLD Cup as a feeder team for the Melbourne Storm.

Clement Boyer also headed to Australia following the Elite 1 season and is playing in the BRL (Brisbane RL) which is a level below QCUP, he's playing for Pine Rivers Bears who feed into Redcliffe Dolphins QCup side and looking at recent team lists there's quite a few players who have played regular QCup in the side. Probably not a bad club to get a start at given the Dolphins will be entering the NRL next year and no doubt will be looking for more talent to play in their Cup side next season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fabre along with the Catalans lad Rouge were at Melbourne Storm a few years back Rouge was looking at going to Australia too but signed with Dragons instead. Unforunately the Tarn lad picked up a bad leg injury and out for a year He returned last year to Albi and was excellent Thought he would look at TO. Rouge got French WC place - Fabre wasn't incuded I think so may be looked at Australia instead

  • Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, audois said:

Fabre along with the Catalans lad Rouge were at Melbourne Storm a few years back Rouge was looking at going to Australia too but signed with Dragons instead. Unforunately the Tarn lad picked up a bad leg injury and out for a year He returned last year to Albi and was excellent Thought he would look at TO. Rouge got French WC place - Fabre wasn't incuded I think so may be looked at Australia instead

Dmitri Biscarro has signed for Toulouse Olympique's Elite One team. He's also a prospect who I could end up playing SL. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best thing about Elite 1 as a non tv league is that it is effectively an off season league for SL and Aus. Lads can go over there or shine for a few months and when June comes around, maybe grab themselves something in UK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

The best thing about Elite 1 as a non tv league is that it is effectively an off season league for SL and Aus. Lads can go over there or shine for a few months and when June comes around, maybe grab themselves something in UK. 

Brexit makes it difficult for the French lads now, they need to be one of the top earners in a championship team to get a visa, cozza had to leave after a month as he couldn't get a visa extension after his trial, Clement Boyer was in contact with clubs but again too difficult to get a visa, 

Thomas lacans is looking to play in the championship but again visa difficulties. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Thomas has gone on trial to Newcastle thunder, expect big things, he's an excellent player, especially if he plays 9 

I rate Thomas, one of the best players in Elite One. Think he'd be a good match for Newcastle, let's hope this works out for him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Another Elite One alumni update - Pio Seci who played for Avignon this season has been named to make his NRL debut on the wing for Manly this round following a month of strong performances in NSW Cup. 

Strength of this competition is really underrated IMO, we've seen multiple players transition seamlessly between Elite One and SL/Cup/Upper Championship and now into the NRL.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, UTK said:

Another Elite One alumni update - Pio Seci who played for Avignon this season has been named to make his NRL debut on the wing for Manly this round following a month of strong performances in NSW Cup. 

Strength of this competition is really underrated IMO, we've seen multiple players transition seamlessly between Elite One and SL/Cup/Upper Championship and now into the NRL.

How many games did he play for Avignon? He’s 28 apparently, and has been with the Silktails this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How many games did he play for Avignon? He’s 28 apparently, and has been with the Silktails this season. 

He was with the Silktails in 2021, then went to Avignon for the entire Elite One season.

After finishing the season with Avignon he played in the Pacific test for Fiji and went to Blacktown Workers (Sea Eagles NSW Cup feeder) where he's played 4 games before getting a run.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...