Elite 1 is back this weekend

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Are carcassonne now clear at the top? 

A lovely town. 

No they can still finished third due to a mad rule that says if teams are equal they go on the goal average between the two teams, so v limoux Carcassonne are -2 and a Lézignan -4 or something like that, they need Lézignan to lose one of their remaining games or limoux to lose against Villeneuve next week, limoux have lost four games but won defensive bonus points in each of the four losses, 

• Like 1

Saturday 16h st Estève v st Gaudens at st Estève ground, great little cafe near the ground in st Estève called chez Kim, it's owned and run by the kedhemi family, Mathieu plays for Carcassonne romain at xiii Catalan and his dad was one of the best number nines around, 

23 hours ago, audois said:

Vibrant weekend between Stade Brutus and Domec in Carcassonne with 12,000 attending in total. We  need more of them. Both the Dragons and the Canaris organisations with lots of stuff put on around the games. Uplifting

Could somebody please post a link to highlights of the Carcasonne and Catalans games? Merci !!

7 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

Could somebody please post a link to highlights of the Carcasonne and Catalans games? Merci !!

Jim both clubs web sites. Dragons have 7 minutes of highlights at every game. Also go to https://treizemondial.

• Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

6 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Albi beat Lezignan tonight 34-22 to take 4th place. Limoux took 1st place after  beating Villeneuve 44-0 this afternoon

Play offs the last weekend of April now looks like this I think

Lezignan v Avignon

Albi v St Esteve

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

• 2 weeks later...

Close these teams in the regular season

Albi-St Esteve 32-26/ St Esteve -Albi 32-19

Lezignan-Avignon 28-27/ Avignon-Lezignan 14-18

Weekend play offs - Carcassonne and Lmoux await the winners

Parc des Sports de l'Amitie in Narbonne will welcome the Finals on the weekend 21/22 May

Day 1 - Womens' Final & Wheel Chair Final

Day 2

10;00 U15s

11:30 U17s

13:30 U19s

15:30 Elite 1

* Elite 2 Final at Lezignan second weekend in June i think

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne play the winners of Lézignan be Avignon Saturday 7th may

Limoux play winner of Albi v Catalan Sunday 8th may

I’ll have an almighty hangover on 8th May, hopefully the second game will be streamed so I can sit off and watch it. 

The two semi finals where scheduled to be on via Occitanie with the kick off times imposed by them, but this week they've decided not to cover the games, so the carcassonne game will be in the clubs Facebook and the limoux game on the limoux YouTube channel. 

• Thanks 2

Saturday 30th April
2:30pm Elite 1: Lezignan v Avignon (Facebook)
5:00pm Elite 1: Albi v St-Esteve XIII Catalan (YouTube)

Sunday 1st May
2:30pm Elite 2: Lescure v Carpentras (Facebook)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have completed a summary of the Elite 1 season. Any feedback welcome as there are many here more knowledgeable than me on the subject.

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/04/france-elite-1-2021-22.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

I've been half watching Lezignan v Avignon whilst doing other things and was surprised to see James Maloney playing for Lezignan.

Hadn't seen this until now:

I'm not a linguist, but the article seems to suggest that Maloney has been able to successfully argue that he took banned substances for recreational purposes rather than to enhance his performance.

8 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I've been half watching Lezignan v Avignon whilst doing other things and was surprised to see James Maloney playing for Lezignan.

Hadn't seen this until now:

I'm not a linguist, but the article seems to suggest that Maloney has been able to successfully argue that he took banned substances for recreational purposes rather than to enhance his performance.

Hopefully after the Elite 1 season is over he signs for Toulouse and helps them stay in Super League … j'espere !!!

Yes Maloney is back, he had a great game yesterday, As a parent I was a little sad hearing the younger Lézignan teams singing his name, we had a touch game with the u15s and u13s the morning before the game, one kid said I can't believe he got away with a months ban, a few others said "its nothing what he did as it was for a night out and not for the game" " he's probably been taking it for years, in Australia everyone takes it" they said and a few in of the  other kids  agreed, 

Even the older people in the crowd cheered him when his name was mentioned to give him support, quite a few players have been banned for 2 years over here for doing exactly the same thing, 

A few of the u17s parents (the u17s played the curtain raiser) left after the u17s game to show they're not happy with the decision to let him play, 

It's the clubs choice and he definitely played a big part in Lézignan winning yesterday. I just hope the kids don't think it's a normal thing to take it on a night out and if they get caught they'll be back in a month! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

Great for him to be back. Quite a ridiculous situation to be banned for 2 years for using a short-lived stimulant for night out. 

Is it still an illegal substance? Can you get suspended from work for testing positive? The second is a serious question.