Saints and Widnes Rebrands

Eddie

How about St Helen’s rebrand as Liverpool and Widnes rebrand as Everton? It would engage the wider Merseyside and North Cheshire public and create two massive teams, probably bigger than any in the NRL. Saints could rotate home games between Langtree and Anfield, and Widnes between Naughton Park and Goodison. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How about St Helen’s rebrand as Liverpool and Widnes rebrand as Everton? It would engage the wider Merseyside and North Cheshire public and create two massive teams, probably bigger than any in the NRL. Saints could rotate home games between Langtree and Anfield, and Widnes between Naughton Park and Goodison. 

Oh FFS your 5 months early for April Fools day !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I can't think of any downsides to that tbh!

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I can't think of any downsides to that tbh!

Your mean aside from renaming the most successful SL club to match that of a football team who's fans have absolutely no interest in RL.

Oh and the fact Saints have a history stretching back decades before Liverpool as a sporting club.

Maybe Liverpool should consider rebranding themselves as St.Helens Football Club, or maybe all the sporting clubs in the region (Liverpool, Everton, Saints) should just merge and be known as "Merseyside Sporting Club" with a football and a RL team ???

Erm small considerations of said soccer clubs being perturbed by the possible legal aspect of their brands being used by someone else and that as far as I am aware the south side of Merseyside (inc Widnes) tends to be more LFC than EFC. (albeit my next door neighbour is both a Toffee and a Chemic)

Marine or South Liverpool?

Joey Orr's The Edge or The Famous Grapes FC? 

As a more serious aside any thoughts of Magic going to the new EFC ground? 

52 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Your mean aside from renaming the most successful SL club to match that of a football team who's fans have absolutely no interest in RL.

Oh and the fact Saints have a history stretching back decades before Liverpool as a sporting club.

Maybe Liverpool should consider rebranding themselves as St.Helens Football Club, or maybe all the sporting clubs in the region (Liverpool, Everton, Saints) should just merge and be known as "Merseyside Sporting Club" with a football and a RL team ???

I think you have a spot booked on that new angling show with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.   You'll be appearing on the end of the line, flapping about furiously no doubt... 😄

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think you have a spot booked on that new angling show with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.   You'll be appearing on the end of the line, flapping about furiously no doubt... 😄

You do get it was posted with a huge dose of sarcasm don't you ??

Archived