GAISF to be disbanded.

It changes RL's task in gaining acceptance (and a degree of protection). Whether for the better or worse, we don't know yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

It changes RL's task in gaining acceptance (and a degree of protection). Whether for the better or worse, we don't know yet.

The responses I've seen strongly imply it could essentially be a pulling up of the drawbridge for the sports that are already under the IOC umbrella.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 20/11/2021 at 19:17, gingerjon said:

The responses I've seen strongly imply it could essentially be a pulling up of the drawbridge for the sports that are already under the IOC umbrella.

That wouldn't surprise me. I hope your wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

The IOC have never been a fan of GAISF and have traditionally viewed it as a bit of a competitor.

I'd say this news is not great for non-IOC recognised sports and is likely to cause a void for those sports trying to gain government recognition (although the Alliance of Independent Recognised Members of Sport may step up into that void).

Anyway I see a few sports already trying to block it, like Surf Life Saving who have come out publicly, so it may take longer for it to happen. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived