Hull and Hull KR-Two sides of the same coin

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That's not quite true. Although I'm not that great with this kind of thing, I understand that the SMC keep so much of the income from gate receipts at the KCOM and Hull FC keep the profit from the remainder. Whether this is on a percentage basis or an actual crowd number I'm not sure.

Our East Hull friend DS will hopefully be along shortly to clear up this matter seeing as they have far more interest in keeping an eye on the financial goings on at Hull FC than I do.

From the New Owners at Hull City thread. This is my recollection:

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/366621-new-owners-at-hull-city/&do=findComment&comment=4727403

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I think you might just be asking the wrong person there.

If Hull FC had to play a team of aliens and win to protect the Earth and all humanity, Dimmest Star would be cheering for the extra terrestrials.

The Kent Brockman of rugby league fans.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 08/02/2022 at 14:45, DimmestStar said:

In most ways Rovers are already the bigger club.

Rovers have assets Hull don't. Rovers have a ground, Hull don't. Hull make huge losses, Rovers don't. Rovers were a top 6 team last year, Hull were not.

Hull have 6,000 members Rovers have 5,000 and the gap is closing. What else do Hull have in their favour?

They're nearer the M62 and out of Hull quicker 😜

28 minutes ago, meast said:

They're nearer the M62 and out of Hull quicker 😜

To be fair, if I lived in East Hull I'd consider one of the positives was being further away from West Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Archived