Hull and Hull KR-Two sides of the same coin

So read news from both Hull KR and Hull today and we have all been through the same COVID crisis 

Paul Lakin CEO of Rovers was upbeat and positive about their ground purchase whilst Adam Pearson was........... Well just Adam Pearson 

Negative bloke with negative perceptions 

The purchase of the freehold is going to be a real gamechanger for Hull KR. As owners of the leasehold the club already gets all income generated from the stadium but the purchase of the freehold includes a great deal of land surrounding the stadium.

This creates many exciting possibilities and will transform the financial situation of the club. Although now in a background role we have to thank owner Neil Hudgell for making this possible and CEO Paul Lakin for getting the deal over the line.

Back in 2002 Rovers turned down the opportunity to play at the KC stadium (now MKM stadium) and what a good decision that has been.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-lakin-stadium-purchase-6621174

Just now, DimmestStar said:

The purchase of the freehold is going to be a real gamechanger for Hull KR. As owners of the leasehold the club already gets all income generated from the stadium but the purchase of the freehold includes a great deal of land surrounding the stadium.

This creates many exciting possibilities and will transform the financial situation of the club. Although now in a background role we have to thank owner Neil Hudgell for making this possible and CEO Paul Lakin for getting the deal over the line.

Back in 2002 Rovers turned down the opportunity to play at the KC stadium (now MKM stadium) and what a good decision that has been.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-lakin-stadium-purchase-6621174

Can you see a situation in 5-10 years where KR are the bigger club? 

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Can you see a situation in 5-10 years where KR are the bigger club? 

In most ways Rovers are already the bigger club.

Rovers have assets Hull don't. Rovers have a ground, Hull don't. Hull make huge losses, Rovers don't. Rovers were a top 6 team last year, Hull were not.

Hull have 6,000 members Rovers have 5,000 and the gap is closing. What else do Hull have in their favour?

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers have assets Hull don't. Rovers have a ground, Hull don't. Hull make huge losses, Rovers don't. Rovers were a top 6 team last year, Hull were not.

Hull have 6,000 members Rovers have 5,000 and the gap is closing. What else do Hull have in their favour?

Bigger support, even if many of them aren’t going to the match? 

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

A trophy cabinet?

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Whats the future for Hull then ....any good signs ?

1 hour ago, boris74 said:

With the new owners of Hull City also owning the SMC and a positive meeting with Adam Pearson recently it suggests there may just be brighter times ahead...

Not sure Pearson has the positive persona to take hull forward

His treatment of Lee Radford and Andy Last was bizarre and dreaful. 

I dont believe pearson knows that much about our sport

This thread is filled with delusions of grandeur!

They make one semi final and suddenly they're world beaters, yet still more concerned with their neighbours who they've had to convince themselves are somehow suddenly hamstrung by a rented stadium that never stopped them or other clubs winning trophies recently 🤷🏼‍♂️

Keep telling yourselves you're the bigger club. We'll just carry on being it 😉

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 08/02/2022 at 17:50, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They make one semi final and suddenly they're world beaters, yet still more concerned with their neighbours who they've had to convince themselves are somehow suddenly hamstrung by a rented stadium that never stopped them or other clubs winning trophies recently 🤷🏼‍♂️

The proof of the pudding will be revealed in rhe next few months 

FC will struggle

My view is that he needs to get a very dynamic CEO

On 08/02/2022 at 14:31, The storm said:

They are the bigger club now lol

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 08/02/2022 at 15:08, EggFace said:

Whats the future for Hull then ....any good signs ?

I think you might just be asking the wrong person there.

If Hull FC had to play a team of aliens and win to protect the Earth and all humanity, Dimmest Star would be cheering for the extra terrestrials.

On 08/02/2022 at 14:21, ShropshireBull said:

One is going to be able to generate revenue and keep it from the 8000 average, the other is the prisoner of a football club and gets nothing from there 11,000 pre covid average attendance. Hull should be better but when you cant generate rev from it you are kneecapped. 

That's not quite true. Although I'm not that great with this kind of thing, I understand that the SMC keep so much of the income from gate receipts at the KCOM and Hull FC keep the profit from the remainder. Whether this is on a percentage basis or an actual crowd number I'm not sure.

Our East Hull friend DS will hopefully be along shortly to clear up this matter seeing as they have far more interest in keeping an eye on the financial goings on at Hull FC than I do.

59 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That's not quite true. Although I'm not that great with this kind of thing, I understand that the SMC keep so much of the income from gate receipts at the KCOM and Hull FC keep the profit from the remainder. Whether this is on a percentage basis or an actual crowd number I'm not sure.

Our East Hull friend DS will hopefully be along shortly to clear up this matter seeing as they have far more interest in keeping an eye on the financial goings on at Hull FC than I do.

I recall we get a percentage after 7,500. That may have changed. I mean luckily we've had over a 10k average there every season, so we just be doing something right.

5 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I recall we get a percentage after 7,500. That may have changed. I mean luckily we've had over a 10k average there every season, so we just be doing something right.

That sounds about right from what I recall but I wasn't sure about quoting figures because, well, I wasn't sure.

Luckily, we have an expert on all things Hull FC financial as a forum member so they may be along to help us out soon.

37 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Who owns the stadium? I thought it was owned by Hull Council and the football club paid rent to play there just as Hull fc do? 

The stadium is owned by Hull City Council and the people of Hull. Unfortunately the SMC has the say on pretty much everything to do with the stadium and the current lease owners of the SMC are whoever owns the football club as the people who ran Hull FC at the time  declined the offer of being joint owners at the outset.

Back in 2002 when it was built it was termed the "Community Stadium" by Hull City Council but a succession of Hull City owners have now made that term look ridiculous by ensuring everything goes swimmingly for the football club and f* *k everyone else.

REM, Elton John and a few other big name acts have performed concerts at the Stadium but those times are now but a distant memory as the football club runs it almost entirely to suit it's own interest.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

The stadium is owned by Hull City Council and the people of Hull. Unfortunately the SMC has the say on pretty much everything to do with the stadium and the current lease owners of the SMC are whoever owns the football club as the people who ran Hull FC at the time  declined the offer of being joint owners at the outset.

Back in 2002 when it was built it was termed the "Community Stadium" by Hull City Council but a succession of Hull City owners have now made that term look ridiculous by ensuring everything goes swimmingly for the football club and f* *k everyone else.

REM, Elton John and a few other big name acts have performed concerts at the Stadium but those times are now but a distant memory as the football club runs it almost entirely to suit it's own interest.

They've effectively given them the stadium for free by doing that. Yet Allam still wasn't happy!

On 08/02/2022 at 14:47, Jughead said:

A trophy cabinet?

When did they last win the league? 😂

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 08/02/2022 at 17:50, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I’m happier about the off-field progress than the last season to be honest. I’ve seen title and cup victories, and enjoyed ‘em, but having been through almost-liquidation believe me the vibrancy, positive mindset and resulting long-term security of the club that comes from the current leaderships strategic planning is much more important to me than a pyrrhic trophy win right now.

Foundations first, I want my kids to grow up watching Rovers 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Archived