Harry Beverley

graham fisher

I’ve just heard that big Harry Beverley has sadly passed away after a long illness aged 74. Harry will be fondly remembered for being part of the championship winning team that beat Leeds at Odsal stadium to lift the championship play offs trophy. Great team,great memories.Don’t make props like Harry know more. Condolences to Harry’s family and friends at this sad time. RIP Harry😢

Very sad news. I really didn’t see that coming. 
He was a great favourite, with his face peering out from the entanglement of surrounding dark hair and unique high stepping run, he put fear into those who tried to tackle him. 
It seems only recently that I sat and chatted to him (then with short, grey hair) and his wife about old times and his retired life in the Lake District. 
I will truly miss him and offer my sincere condolences to his wife and family. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Very sad news indeed. Harry was a true crowd favourite and I recall my dismay on learning that he had left us to join Workington. They don't make forwards like big Harry any more.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That is such sad news ..... An absolute colossus of a man and one who deserved many more honours.... A true Dewsbury and Rugby League legend and there hasn't been a prop at Dewsbury since who's come anywhere near being as good as "H" .... Rest in peace big feller -- And thanks for some awesome memories 

Only just heard the news - Dews v St Helens, quarter final of the Challenge Cup back in 78 or so - we were 11-0 down at half time then Harry got his knees going and scattered the red vee all over the place to score under the sticks. Marvellous memory. Rest In Peace owd lad.

I remember the same St Helens cup tie. When Harry was charging down on Saints full back Geoff Pimblett I am sure I saw the very second the defender decided discretion was the better part of valour and Harry went through to score.

So sad to hear that he has gone. We could do with one half as good today.

Archived