Flanagan Snr/Jnr - The Answer To A Problem Called Leeds?

25 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Leeds will be fine, whoever, whatever. Nothing can go wrong. After all, they own their own ground 😀

Pretty true really. Short term on-field difficulties are very different to a long term lack of financial viability and ground security.

16 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

I disagree , in my opinion what is needed to save RL in Leeds is obvious. However from your user name it seems to me you can't 'see the wood for the trees' 

Leeds needs a strong Hunslet

Sorry what is so obvious that I can't see it ?

4 hours ago, M j M said:

Pretty true really. Short term on-field difficulties are very different to a long term lack of financial viability and ground security.

Except when those short term on-field difficulties get you relegated and the £M you then lose as a consequence.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Maybe you can’t fathom it out because Barrett hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing. 

Reading the aussie press, Kyle was taken out of first team action as Gould thought he needed to 're-set' himself and his game but now he is ready to play.  Then Gus drops a load of pressure on him by saying the Dogs will revolve around what Kyle does.  If its a confidence thing, which imo is a massive percentage of an RL players make up, then to say nothing wouldve been a better option!

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Reading the aussie press, Kyle was taken out of first team action as Gould thought he needed to 're-set' himself and his game but now he is ready to play.  Then Gus drops a load of pressure on him by saying the Dogs will revolve around what Kyle does.  If its a confidence thing, which imo is a massive percentage of an RL players make up, then to say nothing wouldve been a better option!

I feel a bit sorry for him . He’s been scapegoated and not fully backed by coaches which is hardly likely to help him . So when he gets the chance there must feel like an inordinate amount of pressure on him . Go on , we’re rock bottom … over to you 

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Phil Gould being a dick? Why that doesn't ring true with the man we know and admire at all!

I understand Heahdingly is mortgaged. If that's true, what happens if Leeds get relegated and don't have the income to pay the (commercial) mortgage?  

If that is true..and I'm sure we'll soon know...it's a great motivator to avoid relegation. (Not for a moment do I think they'd finish anywhere near bottom, in reality.)

On 06/04/2022 at 09:02, M j M said:

This is exactly right.  It's the difference between the strength of a club and the strength of a team.  In the former category, Leeds are in an enviable position.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This is exactly right.  It's the difference between the strength of a club and the strength of a team.  In the former category, Leeds are in an enviable position.

Very true. Although, and here's something which will delight JohnM, the pandemic is wreaking a bit of havoc even with (particularly with) the strong clubs.

Caddick's 2021 consolidated accounts, published yesterday and which include Leeds RL as a separate segment, are an early indication of how Rugby League clubs endured the second year of Covid. They show a continuation of Wigan-style losses at Leeds. But that should reverse in 2022 as 'more normal operations' resume. Whereas clubs with nothing to fall back on will still have nothing to fall back on.

caddick-2021a.jpg

caddick-2021.jpg

Archived