Wished For UK RL Setup

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

You obviously don't need the money because rugby union is living in your head rent free.

I can assure you that it isn’t.  There is enough rubbish in there without RU

simply following the strategy of buying out the competition to neutralise any threat

4 hours ago, headtackle said:

simply following the strategy of buying out the competition to neutralise any threat

This isn't a thread about Sale Sharks and Salford Red Devils so I'll have to stop you right there.

And if there's loads of rubbish in your head you wouldn't be able to pck the Kick & Clap out from the crowd!

TOOHS

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

What are you doing with the remaining 3 UK teams and the 2 French ones?

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are the French clubs permanently in SL? So no relegation for the French clubs?

If so with the protected promoted club that could possibly mean the forth  bottom placed club would be subject to playing in your relegation winner takes all game.

I was addressing a comment that thought I was excluding the French teams from the set up altogether. My reply was that they would be in the new set up. I didn't get into what would happen if a French based club came bottom or about what to do if another French club wanted to join. 

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

The odd comment suggested that any change to a structure that adversely affected any club in the existing system meant they were being "kicked out" or that I had a dislike for some clubs in particular. 

When SL went from 14 to 12 teams, were two teams kicked out? No, they went into a lower division. Was it based on a dislike of certain clubs? No, restructuring can benefit some teams and work against others. It's not personal.

If the game needs to change how the leagues are set up, the greater good of what is trying to be achieved is what takes precedence. If decisions have to be based on upsetting no one, then nothing would ever happen. 

22 hours ago, RayCee said:

I know everything comes down to money or the lack thereof. However, if that wasn’t an issue what would be an ideal setup in the UK? Here’s mine.

SL: 16 teams, eight going into a finals series and the bottom side playing the top team from the Championship in a one off match. The winner remains or enters SL next season. Any newly promoted side gets a one year exemption from the playoff match if they came last. The second to bottom would then fulfill that role.

Championship: 16 teams divided geographical into two conferences. They would play all teams in their conference twice and once against those in the other conference. The points table for each conference would be kept separate. At the end, the top side from each conference would playoff for the right to play a SL side in an attempt to gain promotion.

League One: No longer required.

For starters make Super League 14 teams and get rid of the awful loop fixtures with one up and one down between Super League and the Championship

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

For starters make Super League 14 teams and get rid of the awful loop fixtures with one up and one down between Super League and the Championship

And doing that, you’d have a 26 games season. How in any way is that different to the 27 game season we have now beyond replacing loop games with Leigh and Featherstone and how would that draw money and people to the sport?

If money was no object, would you really spend it on RL????

The problem is never money, but the lack of it for some. And RL is some.

But lets just imagine someone has rattled the famous money tree that the Boggart defends in his hole in Manchester.:kolobok_dwarf:

I would divide the resources as thus-

✔️Grants to all NCL+ clubs to improve facilities, coaching and community "engagement."

✔️Development officers aplenty

✔️Develop national and regional centres of excellences. These would double as regional academies, coaching and refereeing improvement  hubs.

✔️Create national college for RL players of all ages. This would also have a well resourced research facilities for everything from nutrition, recovery and business.

✔️Enhance Well Being services for all of RL from fans to officials and players that closely works with what is left of NHS mental health/etc services.

✔️Grants that all L1/Championship/SL improve and own their grounds, thus allowing them to maximize all stadium revenues.

✔️Central grant to every SL club to have an additional Marque player.

✔️Central contracting.

✔️Collective central coordinated marketing, strategy, ticketing, etc.

✔️Review refereeing including second on field officials. Video ref/to and screen at every senior game. NRL/SL ref exchanges.

✔️One set of rules.

✔️Create an independent commission to oversee the Game. First job to look at the RFL.

✔️Proper sharing of good practice.

✔️Create service to support and enhance business practice in clubs

✔️All senior club to have fan representation on the board.

✔️Divide the structure into Professional (senior), Semi pro (Intermediate) and BARLA. 

✔️Prioritize the French heartland.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

If money was no object, would you really spend it on RL????

The problem is never money, but the lack of it for some. And RL is some.

But lets just imagine someone has rattled the famous money tree that the Boggart defends in his hole in Manchester.:kolobok_dwarf:

I would divide the resources as thus-

✔️Grants to all NCL+ clubs to improve facilities, coaching and community "engagement."

✔️Development officers aplenty

✔️Develop national and regional centres of excellences. These would double as regional academies, coaching and refereeing improvement  hubs.

✔️Create national college for RL players of all ages. This would also have a well resourced research facilities for everything from nutrition, recovery and business.

✔️Enhance Well Being services for all of RL from fans to officials and players that closely works with what is left of NHS mental health/etc services.

✔️Grants that all L1/Championship/SL improve and own their grounds, thus allowing them to maximize all stadium revenues.

✔️Central grant to every SL club to have an additional Marque player.

✔️Central contracting.

✔️Collective central coordinated marketing, strategy, ticketing, etc.

✔️Review refereeing including second on field officials. Video ref/to and screen at every senior game. NRL/SL ref exchanges.

✔️One set of rules.

✔️Create an independent commission to oversee the Game. First job to look at the RFL.

✔️Proper sharing of good practice.

✔️Create service to support and enhance business practice in clubs

✔️All senior club to have fan representation on the board.

✔️Divide the structure into Professional (senior), Semi pro (Intermediate) and BARLA. 

✔️Prioritize the French heartland.

If I could add a reasonable increase in remuneration for match officials as well. They have a thankless job. I'm not sure what they currently get paid but surely not enough. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

And doing that, you’d have a 26 games season. How in any way is that different to the 27 game season we have now beyond replacing loop games with Leigh and Featherstone and how would that draw money and people to the sport?

To me its unacceptable to play the same team 3 times in the regular season for competition points, and generally boring

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

To me its unacceptable to play the same team 3 times in the regular season for competition points, and generally boring

That’s fine. Currently, Super League clubs play thirteen home games, beyond losing the loop fixture element of those games, why do you think your idea will work?

12 hours ago, RayCee said:

I was addressing a comment that thought I was excluding the French teams from the set up altogether. My reply was that they would be in the new set up. I didn't get into what would happen if a French based club came bottom or about what to do if another French club wanted to join. 

Yes that is why I was asking for clarification in your system Ray.

It is not beyond the wishes of posters on these pages to abandon the same principles of the competition rules in SL in that they have a preferance for the French clubs not to be subject to jeopardy whilst all the other teams are.

So what would happen to any French clubs in your system?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes that is why I was asking for clarification in your system Ray.

It is not beyond the wishes of posters on these pages to abandon the same principles of the competition rules in SL in that they have a preferance for the French clubs not to be subject to jeopardy whilst all the other teams are.

So what would happen to any French clubs in your system?

Well, Harry it's hard to say as they have their own comp. If for example one French side was relegated from SL, they could decide they don't want to go back to the Championship and go back to Elite 1. That would be their prerogative. Another UK team could then be invited (or qualify) to join the Championship. Or another French side could put their hand up to replace the one exiting. 

By the way, I appreciate you reasoned reply to my comment and to others in general. 

Edited by RayCee
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RayCee said:

If I could add a reasonable increase in remuneration for match officials as well. They have a thankless job. I'm not sure what they currently get paid but surely not enough. 

You can add whatever as it is not exclusive and of could resources are erm inexhaustible in this case. 

There is stuff which costs money, others not. Most are advisable and desirable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jughead said:

That’s fine. Currently, Super League clubs play thirteen home games, beyond losing the loop fixture element of those games, why do you think your idea will work?

They would only play another club once in the regular league season, while with the loop fixtures you play some team 3 times

20 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

They would only play another club once in the regular league season, while with the loop fixtures you play some team 3 times

I completely understand how loop fixtures work. My question is, does replacing loop fixtures and the current structure with your proposal and two home games against any two non-Super League clubs create much more commercial value to the sport and more interest in the sport both in terms of attendances and participation?

Just now, Jughead said:

I completely understand how loop fixtures work. My question is, does replacing loop fixtures and the current structure with your proposal and two home games against any two non-Super League clubs create much more commercial value to the sport and more interest in the sport both in terms of attendances and participation?

Yes