Brian McDermott.......Gone!!

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Junior Moors was one of the best forwards in the Championship this season regardless of his age. I suspect that the other 2 or 3 players who are the wrong side of 35 won't be with us next season. In other words, you judge players on performance, not age. I take it Leigh won't be releasing Blake Ferguson just because he will be 33 next season?

But as you are insisting it's "worrying", let's have a prediction of how Fev will do next season. Battling relegation? Mid-table? I'm frankly more concerned about the new IMG recommendations than I am about the make-up of our squad.

My prediction is you’ll be second again, your defence will still be lacklustre, you’re middles will be older, slower unable to recover quickly enough to mount a promotion challenge. 

Blake Ferguson plays on the wing, takes minimal contact and makes minimal tackles so his body won’t be anywhere near as bad as a forwards.

You guys sound like your happy with how this years players have done so fair enough.

18 hours ago, DACS said:

Interesting to see where McDermott ends up next. He did a good job at keeping Leeds performing while the star players were there but was utterly exposed when the time came to rebuild the side. He was stubborn to the point of ridicule at times, and really seemed to believe in his own genius. With the benefit of hindsight we'd probably have been a lot better off if he'd left along with Sinfield and co in 2015, or after the 2017 win at the very latest.

London maybe in medium term. Think losing in playoff final keeps him up there losing to batley damaged goods.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So you're predicting we'll make the play-offs with a first-round bye again, and be 2 games from SL? That's hardly the apocalypse is it?

It's ironic isn't it.  Any coach would take that at the start of the season. If the new coach does emulate it he will be a contender for Coach of the season. 

It's all about conception.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So you're predicting we'll make the play-offs with a first-round bye again, and be 2 games from SL? That's hardly the apocalypse is it

I’m sure it wasn’t a team goal at the beginning of 2022 was it? Be poor defensively, lose 3 times to Batley and not even make the GF.

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

I’m sure it wasn’t a team goal at the beginning of 2022 was it? Be poor defensively, lose 3 times to Batley and not even make the GF.

No but you were questioning the re-signing of a lot of this year's squad, as if the answer to not reaching the final was just to make wholesale changes amongst the playing personnel.

The club has taken swift action in removing the coach. But you seem to think that it's worrying that we have recently announced so many re-signings, so how about some affordable and available suggestions of who we should sign who would be upgrades on Kheirallah, Leilua, Springer, Kopczak, Moors, Davies, Hall?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, binosh said:

Batley beat us twice,we beat Batley once and drew one.

• 2 weeks later...

appointed assistant coach at the Newcastle Knights in the NRL - haven't those poor fans suffered enough?

• Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

32 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

appointed assistant coach at the Newcastle Knights in the NRL - haven't those poor fans suffered enough?

He'll fit in well , the Aussies know everything about everything as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

It's a pretty brave move - if Adam O'Brien loses a few early matches, he's likely to be the first Head Coach to get axed next season Down Under, he's on really thin ice

With Manly inexplicably firing Hasler yesterday, a load of club chairman are thinking "I must fire my bloke first, so I can get Des before the next basket-case club can". People with a poor 2022 season won't get long whilst he's free. 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It's a pretty brave move - if Adam O'Brien loses a few early matches, he's likely to be the first Head Coach to get axed next season Down Under, he's on really thin ice

With Manly inexplicably firing Hasler yesterday, a load of club chairman are thinking "I must fire my bloke first, so I can get Des before the next basket-case club can". People with a poor 2022 season won't get long whilst he's free. 

Des for the wire? just a thought!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

47 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Des for the wire? just a thought!

I’d love to watch the Sky Sports crew try and get some answers out of him in post-match interviews, that’d be worth the price of subscription alone… and that’s before we get to the possibility of watching him rip the dressing room door off on the in-room cameras they have… 

😂😂😂😂😂