• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Brodie Croft

Kallum Watkins

Andy Ackers

Joe Burgess

Marc Sneyd

Next question please!😉

PS. I don't watch enough NRL to comment TBH. Would probably be a better debate picking a 1-17 as it's difficult to compare Cleary to Munster to Manu as they play in different positions and have different skillsets.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, I am assuming that this is when all the players are fit, healthy and playing (Hynes isn't playing now so I am including other players not playing).

I would go with (not in order, just top 5).

Nathan Cleary 

James Tedesco 

Tom Trbojevic 

Jack Welsby

Joseph Manu

A mention for Latrell Mitchell who is probably the most naturally gifted player in the world but discipline both on and off the pitch lets him down.

Some may say Welsby is a stretch but the kid can do everything.  He has won games for years and is still only 21.  He is probably the most important player for Saints and England at such a young age.  A phenomenal player.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So, I am assuming that this is when all the players are fit, healthy and playing (Hynes isn't playing now so I am including other players not playing).

Nathan Cleary 

James Tedesco 

Tom Trbojevic 

Jack Welsby

Joseph Manu

A mention for Latrell Mitchell who is probably the most naturally gifted player in the world but discipline both on and off the pitch lets him down.

Some may say Welsby is a stretch but the kid can do everything.  He has won games for years and is still only 21.  He is probably the most important player for Saints and England at such a young age.  A phenomenal player.

Agree about Welsby but I would like him more if he played for the team he supported as a boy.

23 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Nathan Cleary 

James Tedesco 

Tom Trbojevic 

Jack Welsby

Joseph Manu

sorry had over looked turbo 

10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

And every other player that doesn't play in the NRL by the looks of it.

Yet another thread pandering to the NRL Kleenex crew.

are the nrl kleenex crew one of those new rapper bands?

We will learn a lot about Kikau next year at the Bulldogs when he doesn't have the Panthers forwards and the shift of Yeo and Cleary to create space for him.

While I agree he is top quality, i think there are a few edge forwards who would excel in that Panthers side.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

And every other player that doesn't play in the NRL by the looks of it.

Yet another thread pandering to the NRL Kleenex crew.

Can we not just have a conversation about good Rugby League players?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

You can do whatever you like. I just wonder why the conversation about NRL players needs to happen over and over again.

I think of Rugby League players as Rugby League players, not NRL players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

No problem. Just explaining why I don't get a massive strop on when someone mentions Rugby League players on a Rugby League forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

No problem. Just explaining why I don't get a massive strop on when someone mentions Rugby League players on a Rugby League forum.

Your definition of a massive strop is obviously very different from mine.

I just get a bit tired of Miserable Johnny banging on about NRL players and using the thread as a vehicle to transport himself to his only happy place.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Your definition of a massive strop is obviously very different from mine.

I just get a bit tired of Miserable Johnny banging on about NRL players and using the thread as a vehicle to transport himself to his only happy place.

is that aimed at me? sorry thought looking at the attributes of the worlds top 5 players would be a positive thing 

• Like 2

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

is that aimed at me? sorry thought looking at the attributes of the worlds top 5 players would be a positive thing 

I didn't realise you had mentioned any of the attributes of the players mentioned, just that they all play in the NRL. Is that an attribute?