west wales raiders

Next season I have decided  to follow the West Wales Raiders. Although I am based in Yorkshire my plan is go to the following raiders  games. 1st and last home . Dewsdury, Hunslet, Doncaster, Oldham and Rochdale away. Plus both home and away against the Crusaders and London Skolars away. I will also be looking to go to the Welsh Origin games the 3 match series. Anyone wishing to go to any other these games or following the Raiders let me know.      

• Like 8

Chief Crazy Eagle

6 hours ago, superten said:

Next season I have decided  to follow the West Wales Raiders. Although I am based in Yorkshire my plan is go to the following raiders  games. 1st and last home . Dewsdury, Hunslet, Doncaster, Oldham and Rochdale away. Plus both home and away against the Crusaders and London Skolars away. I will also be looking to go to the Welsh Origin games the 3 match series. Anyone wishing to go to any other these games or following the Raiders let me know.      

They can only get better mate .....I think picking games they can win would be better to watch though.....Cornwall, Hurricanes etc

• Like 1

11 hours ago, superten said:

Id get my telly fixed before Id do that 😊Good on you….clearly the preponderance of world cup drubbings has wetted your appetite for more.

Seriously, it would be wonderful if they could become competitive….for as the world cup has shown most people arent interested in paying to watch drubbings and forgone conclusions

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They can only get better mate .....I think picking games they can win would be better to watch though.....Cornwall, Hurricanes etc

The maximum amount of games WWR may win next season is 2,  both against Cornwall. I would not bet against them loosing every game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

The maximum amount of games WWR may win next season is 2,  both against Cornwall. I would not bet against them loosing every game. 

With the new Cornwall policy of focusing on local players I’ll be disappointed if WWR don’t win both games against them.

The odd thing is that a fair few Broncos players were ex WWR this season.

Not vouching for the quality of them - but clearly they have had some players that would seem better than their results.

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The odd thing is that a fair few Broncos players were ex WWR this season.

Not vouching for the quality of them - but clearly they have had some players that would seem better than their results.

I’ve been impressed by Joe Burke of WWR in his WC appearances. He must have been near the top of the table for offloads in the group stages.

Having been rejuvenated by the WC - I am certainly interested in picking up a Skolars season ticket so hopefully thread poster can put in a reminder next season.

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I’ve been impressed by Joe Burke of WWR in his WC appearances. He must have been near the top of the table for offloads in the group stages.

It would be interesting to know what a best of WWR side would be and where they are now.

Just like the WC is stuffed with ex-Broncos and there are even three in the England squad.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

It would be interesting to know what a best of WWR side would be and where they are now.

Just like the WC is stuffed with ex-Broncos and there are even three in the England squad.

I guess I would suggest ignoring the ex-darts champion of the world from the list 😀