Grand Final Tickets on Sale

5 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

It's a 1 week promo 11 months out from the GF and there are limtied numbers on sale, they normally do an offer at this time although admittedly 50% is generous. I'll wait and see what the prices are like closer to the GF before judging the pricing strategy, but if they wanted to simply sell them cheap throughout then the "full price" would be low to start with.

Yes - you're right. 

I would think a fair part is the rfl need for money. 1k at Warrington for France at £15, a few thousand at GF at £30-£40 will tide them over through winter. 

Edited by Leonard

3 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Aren't GF tickets half price for ST holders of SL clubs anyway? I'm sure mine were to watch the 2019 GF. Or maybe it was just for the clubs involved.

Not a problem for Broncos fans...

2 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Aren't GF tickets half price for ST holders of SL clubs anyway? I'm sure mine were to watch the 2019 GF. Or maybe it was just for the clubs involved.

I’ve never been aware of that if it has. ST holders get half price MW tickets but I don’t think they exclusively get cheap GF tickets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

There is no pricing strategy.

We've seen that some people will spend a lot of money on very good seats for premium events and now we've gone straight back to cheap tickets. It's an absolute failure to learn anything.

It's why the RLWC talk about not shafting fans was nonsense. The ticket sales for RLWC was not part of a longer term strategy, the organising company will be evaporated, it was like they were trying to change a culture for no reason. That wasn't RLWC2021's job. 

The RFL/SLE need to be addressing the discount culture if they see it as a problem. 

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's why the RLWC talk about not shafting fans was nonsense. The ticket sales for RLWC was not part of a longer term strategy, the organising company will be evaporated, it was like they were trying to change a culture for no reason. That wasn't RLWC2021's job. 

The RFL/SLE need to be addressing the discount culture if they see it as a problem. 

I think offering a discount for committing a year in advance makes some sense and is totally different to offering a discount in the last few weeks before the event, in a transparently desperate last ditch attempt to raise a few extra pounds.

The first is a reward (to our most loyal fans) for committing early whereas the other, rewards the opposite (non-commitment) and encourages the indifferent penny pinchers to stand back, knowing the RFL will crumble in last few days.

This strategy has a compounding effect because it erodes spectator numbers year on year, making our big events look unpopular and lack-lustre. It also sends the message that "we" the organisation, don't believe our big events are worth the ticket price.

Perhaps this is the RFL's attempt to address the ''discount culture'' our average fans have come to expect and that we all know intuitively, has a corrosive effect on overall sales. 

19 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I think offering a discount for committing a year in advance makes some sense and is totally different to offering a discount in the last few weeks before the event, in a transparently desperate last ditch attempt to raise a few extra pounds.

The first is a reward (to our most loyal fans) for committing early whereas the other, rewards the opposite (non-commitment) and encourages the indifferent penny pinchers to stand back, knowing the RFL will crumble in last few days.

This strategy has a compounding effect because it erodes spectator numbers year on year, making our big events look unpopular and lack-lustre. It also sends the message that "we" the organisation, don't believe our big events are worth the ticket price.

Perhaps this is the RFL's attempt to address the ''discount culture'' our average fans have come to expect and that we all know intuitively, has a corrosive effect on overall sales. 

I understand the rationale. But it ain't for RLWC to fix a strategy that has been in ace for a decade or so. 

That's the RFL' s job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I’ve never been aware of that if it has. ST holders get half price MW tickets but I don’t think they exclusively get cheap GF tickets.

Ah yeah you're probably right there, my bad. I've got the MW ones numerous times via my ST so I'm probably getting confused.

I mean I'm hitting my mid 40's now... the old brain not working as well as it used to.😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Which end have the Leigh fans been allocated ?

What a ridiculous question... if Leigh were playing then OT wouldn't be large enough! The RFL have already spoken to Kim Jong-Un about hiring this place in the unlikely event that the Leythers make the grand final.....😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rungrado_1st_of_May_Stadium

Joking aside, it's hard work looking for GF tickets using your mobile as that site really isn't moby friendly. I'm gonna have a nosey in a bit when my laptop has got some charge in it.

Edited by SalfordSlim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Ah yeah you're probably right there, my bad. I've got the MW ones numerous times via my ST so I'm probably getting confused.

I mean I'm hitting my mid 40's now... the old brain not working as well as it used to.😁

Mid 40s? I had you down as a lot older than that. 😂😉

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

You are assuming there wont also be discounts in the days/weeks before the game.

11 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

You are assuming there wont also be discounts in the days/weeks before the game.

At least early discounts generally mean people are buying £85 tickets for £42.50.

So its not the worst in terms of revenue generation and probably moves those seats that would be most price resistant nearer game time.

So better than offering tickets later in the day for £10/£15.

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Well Anita, I don't know what's going to happen.

I would hope that they reward early committers and stand firm from then on and not cave in at the end because to do so, undermines the entire relationship with our customers.

After a while, the regular buyers get to know that the price is the price and won't be discounted as the event nears.

They may however get a few quid off, if they are prepared to hand the money over sooner rather than later.

The advantages of this method are (I trust) self-evident, so I won't go into detail (unless someone asks me to).  

• Like 1

On 22/11/2022 at 06:41, fighting irish said:

Well Anita, I don't know what's going to happen.

I would hope that they reward early committers and stand firm from then on and not cave in at the end because to do so, undermines the entire relationship with our customers.

After a while, the regular buyers get to know that the price is the price and won't be discounted as the event nears.

They may however get a few quid off, if they are prepared to hand the money over sooner rather than later.

The advantages of this method are (I trust) self-evident, so I won't go into detail (unless someone asks me to).  

I agree, but based on track record we can keep our money in our pocket and wait for deals nearer the time.  They might not appear but RL have created the expectation with their past behaviour.

Lets hope they stick with rewarding early buyers.  Thats the only way to build  a solid fan base

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

I agree, but based on track record we can keep our money in our pocket and wait for deals nearer the time.  They might not appear but RL have created the expectation with their past behaviour.

Lets hope they stick with rewarding early buyers.  Thats the only way to build  a solid fan base

Other than when Catalans got there, has there ever been a last minute reduction in Grand Final ticket prices?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

The problem with waiting is you might get cheap seats but they will be the seats that are left. I have bought seats at 50% and where I want to sit.