Elite 1 Round 12

Carcassonne XIII -v- FC Lezignan looks particularly tasty; it's 2nd -v- 3rd, with identical P-W-L records of 11-9-2 so far.

Villeneuve lucky to score 0! Think they had one opportunity on opposing try line all game.

Though how ref could give one of Limoux tries in second half bemuses me? 

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

31 minutes ago, BJW said:

Villeneuve lucky to score 0! Think they had one opportunity on opposing try line all game.

Though how ref could give one of Limoux tries in second half bemuses me? 

I have a soft spot for the Leopards, but they are hugely off the pace these days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I have a soft spot for the Leopards, but they are hugely off the pace these days.

Followed their results from the days when Dave Ellis was coach (first time round) and they're not in a good place.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Like you, Futty, The Leopards (not the Leigh ones) have been my favourite French team ever  since I was given one of their badges many years ago. But they really are in a sorry state at the moment. They kept Limoux out for nearly half an hour but the collapse was inevitable. When they did get the ball they couldn't hang on to it for more than a couple of tackles. 

31 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Like you, Futty, The Leopards (not the Leigh ones) have been my favourite French team ever  since I was given one of their badges many years ago. But they really are in a sorry state at the moment. They kept Limoux out for nearly half an hour but the collapse was inevitable. When they did get the ball they couldn't hang on to it for more than a couple of tackles. 

They've lost their 3 foreign players, they've a very good u19s team, their u17s where in the final last season, so hopefully it's just a year of restructuring in the first grade, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

MONEY ?

The problem was that 2 english clubs did not take it seriously (Hence  Lancashire Lynx making the final) Featherstone Rovers and Wakefield Trinity were just on a p--s up.

The French teams were really into it the final had a crowd of over 9000 and it took over £ 80000 (Eighty) in perimeter advertising including the likes of Air Canada the VIP event was packed out and Toulouse Spacers who organised it (Without even taking part) did a brilliant job.

Somewhere in my garage i have a load of old photos i must dig them out.

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Rowan said:

Thanks, Barnya - feel a bit better already. On another French connection topic - can you tell me why Elite clubs stopped playing  in the RL Challenge Cup or could we not restore  the Treize Tournoi of all those years ago?

Money probably, if Catalan and Toulouse need to pay a deposit in case they get to the final and toulouse would have to pay all the teams travel I'm not sure the elite 1 clubs would be able to afford it, I know Carcassonne would love to play in a treize tournament or the cup,