Balkan super league

We are looking for players who fancy a guest spot for our Montenegro team , we will pay for flights,  accommodation and sustenance! 

We play in Turkey , Greece and Serbia ! Flights from Manchester,  Luton and London on a regular basis ; come and have a good Balkan weekend ! 

Forwards especially welcome !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Wow. Sadly I’m far too old (and rubbish) for this, but it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for someone. What’s the story though Ian, are you looking for highly talented players to improve your team, or struggling for players? 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Wow. Sadly I’m far too old (and rubbish) for this, but it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for someone. What’s the story though Ian, are you looking for highly talented players to improve your team, or struggling for players? 

To be honest we are struggling for players , it would be great to have a group of guys that could come over once or twice a year , great experience and fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, iangidds said:

We are looking for players who fancy a guest spot for our Montenegro team , we will pay for flights,  accommodation and sustenance! 

We play in Turkey , Greece and Serbia ! Flights from Manchester,  Luton and London on a regular basis ; come and have a good Balkan weekend ! 

If I was still at Uni we'd have got some lads over I'm sure! 

Have you reached out to Beckett, Leeds Uni and Northumbria etc for their players?

32 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If I was still at Uni we'd have got some lads over I'm sure! 

Have you reached out to Beckett, Leeds Uni and Northumbria etc for their players?

Hi , no i have only reached out on here . Happy to hear of any contacts that can help.

13 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Hi , no i have only reached out on here . Happy to hear of any contacts that can help.

Its been a while since I was ever involved but they all have twitter and facebook pages. Crucially for you they all have decent RL players who can probably have that time to go abroad.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its been a while since I was ever involved but they all have twitter and facebook pages. Crucially for you they all have decent RL players who can probably have that time to go abroad.

Great , its less than 3 hours away so very easy

On 16/03/2023 at 06:36, iangidds said:

Graphic design is not my passion but I do have access to InDesign.

If you need a hand designing a digital flyer to make it easier to get the message across then drop me a PM.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Graphic design is not my passion but I do have access to InDesign.

If you need a hand designing a digital flyer to make it easier to get the message across then drop me a PM.

OK I appreciate that very much

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, langpark said:

Well said  @iangidds - not sure if I can overlook the NSW jersey though! 🙂

Thanks for putting that up, we have a bit of interest from a few people ; thanks

• 1 month later...

It's great to hear of these matches going ahead. If they can spread the game (on their own ) why can't we (BARLA) do it in the UK? 

• Like 1

Fun fact:  If a Partizan player also plays national team, he has done the following trips recently:

13/05:  Athens, Greece vs Serbia
27/05:  Udine, Italy vs Serbia
03/06:  Athens, AEK vs Partizan
10/06:  Montenegro, Tivat vs Partizan

Of the last 5 weekends, only one has been spent at home.  All for amateur Rugby League, respect!

I am sure there are other examples, but this one comes to mind as I just noticed it now.

• Like 3