Balkan super league

On 04/06/2023 at 08:24, fighting irish said:

It's great to hear of these matches going ahead. If they can spread the game (on their own ) why can't we (BARLA) do it in the UK? 

As an aside whatever happened to BARLA Open Age tours? 

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

As an aside whatever happened to BARLA Open Age tours? 

I think it still exists but tends to be named "Lionhearts tours".  Midlands Lionhearts, Cumbria Lionhearts etc.  Was happening fairly regularly pre-pandemic, hopefully it starts up again.  Was a great idea and it was great that "weaker" teams, from non-heartlands were touring as well.  Good for them, as well as their opponents as it usually meant we would see a much more even contest.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, langpark said:

I think it still exists but tends to be named "Lionhearts tours".  Midlands Lionhearts, Cumbria Lionhearts etc.  Was happening fairly regularly pre-pandemic, hopefully it starts up again.  Was a great idea and it was great that "weaker" teams, from non-heartlands were touring as well.  Good for them, as well as their opponents as it usually meant we would see a much more even contest.

I meant the full BARLA tours with players selected from the community teams as a whole rather than geographically or age limited. BARLA have previously toured PNG and the Pacific. 

• Like 1

Arsenal vs Partizan 10/6/2023- live stream begins at 12:30pm

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Finally the stream has started. Better late than never!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

For those just tuning in, Partizan are in black & white while Arsenal are in the (rather good-looking) blue shirts with red chevrons and white accents.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We took a beating but we are very grateful to my old club Mirfield supplying 2 players along with another guy from North Wales ! They had a great time here in Montenegro 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I thought I'd take a look at this stream this evening, and flicked through it just now taking in a minute or so then skipping forward 5 or 10 minutes.

How reassuring to skip to a random point and be immediately greeted by a shout from the sidelines of "off-side, all off-side". How fantastically rugby league in suburban Belgrade.

It made me laugh anyway 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 02/07/2023 at 22:42, Barley Mow said:

I thought I'd take a look at this stream this evening, and flicked through it just now taking in a minute or so then skipping forward 5 or 10 minutes.

How reassuring to skip to a random point and be immediately greeted by a shout from the sidelines of "off-side, all off-side". How fantastically rugby league in suburban Belgrade.

It made me laugh anyway 🤣

But how great is it. ? They've been battering away at each other in Serbia for 20 years playing community rugby league, and over the past decade they've built on what they've got and promoted expansion to other neighboring countries. Its just amazing to see. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, Damien said:

The Mad Squirrels from the Czech Republic to join the Balkan Super League to further their development. This adds a new country to the league too:

How many clubs are in the Balkan Super League now?

I really love how this league is continually growing. Now with the addition of a Slavic nation. Spectacular. Hopefully the Slavic nations can get together for their own club cup.

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I really love how this league is continually growing. Now with the addition of a Slavic nation. Spectacular. Hopefully the Slavic nations can get together for their own club cup.

Serbia, Montenegro and Bulgaria are Slavic. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Damien said:

The Mad Squirrels from the Czech Republic to join the Balkan Super League to further their development. This adds a new country to the league too:

Will they be forced to pay everyone else’s travel costs? 

• Haha 1