Batley v Featherstone Good Friday

bromleybulldog

How are we going to go in this one then? 2 league wins on the trot, an impressive one v Barrow, a chance in the cup to rest some, reintroduce Woods, put new moves into practice, all positives added to our pot. Fev had a few injuries lately, everybody's league favourites this year. Can we match them again?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

How are we going to go in this one then? 2 league wins on the trot, an impressive one v Barrow, a chance in the cup to rest some, reintroduce Woods, put new moves into practice, all positives added to our pot. Fev had a few injuries lately, everybody's league favourites this year. Can we match them again?

Don't think we will match them phildog.  Really thought we would have rested players with fev match coming up and them not playing at wk end, and us having such a short turn around. I can only see a fev win. 

58 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Don't think we will match them phildog.  Really thought we would have rested players with fev match coming up and them not playing at wk end, and us having such a short turn around. I can only see a fev win. 

Really and if we’d got beat yesterday then it would of been down to resting players 

I thought yesterday was a chance to get players playing longer minutes e.g Kibula Woods Campbell Gledhill 

hopefully lingard has us fired up against them and we can see where we are 

Fev will be coming to us fired up and wanting to prove a point and stick loads of points on us, after what we did to them in the semi final last year, fev have been playing well and look a better team than last year  but have struggled against some teams this season, if we can match the mentality of the semi and match them in first 20 25 mins and turn it into a battle down the middle,this could be closer than expected, I think where we will struggle is if we let them start throwing the ball around,they will find gaps and exploit our lack of pace! Looks like it's going to be fine all week so the pitch will be perfect for a fast paced game so we will have to be at our best to get a result! 

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Really and if we’d got beat yesterday then it would of been down to resting players 

I thought yesterday was a chance to get players playing longer minutes e.g Kibula Woods Campbell Gledhill 

hopefully lingard has us fired up against them and we can see where we are 

Absolutely.  We have players who aren't getting any game time at all. This was a great opportunity to get them on the field against  a lesser opposition.  What we gonna do wait until  we pick up some injuries then just throw them in at the deep end. If you think that if we had played some players who might of let us down against an amateur side, why are they playing for us ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Absolutely.  We have players who aren't getting any game time at all. This was a great opportunity to get them on the field against  a lesser opposition.  What we gonna do wait until  we pick up some injuries then just throw them in at the deep end. If you think that if we had played some players who might of let us down against an amateur side, why are they playing for us ?

I wonder how many of those not selected are actually fit? Not having a huge squad limits those who can play. Generally, I always thing that we should be playing our strongest side, though saying that, I would have selected Burton and Milthorpe to give them a run out. 

39 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I wonder how many of those not selected are actually fit? Not having a huge squad limits those who can play. Generally, I always thing that we should be playing our strongest side, though saying that, I would have selected Burton and Milthorpe to give them a run out. 

Burton played for Castleford Reserves, Milthorpe hasn’t trained due to work commitments 

but is everyone 100% fit when playing week in week out who knows apart from Craig and his staff 

I expect manning to come back this week 

3 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Burton played for Castleford Reserves, Milthorpe hasn’t trained due to work commitments 

but is everyone 100% fit when playing week in week out who knows apart from Craig and his staff 

I expect manning to come back this week 

How did Burton come to play for Cas reserves? What was the system that allowed this?

13 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

It’s surely an agreement between us and them to us their reserves for players to play in the reserves league 

we used to have one with Leeds 

That's fair enough. I genuinely didn't know how that comes about. 

As I keep saying, and it now appears that some are finally coming round, we need the likes of Milthorpe and Burton playing NOW if they are to be stepping up next season with the liklihood of some retirements. If they keep being ignored and stop coming then we're in the cow mess. We had Connor Carr last season, played him once and Giants took him back as he was supposed to be here for match experience. We let Collinson go, sound player, could have gone on loan and been back here next season. Milthorpe was working away pre Wath Brow, he told me and he has been named in a squad since. Are we so short then that we have to name a bloke who's not trained? We start the season with a small squad, running on not quite a shoestring even, then we seem intent on making things tighter by putting week in week out pressure on 18 or 19 names. Recently there's been a glut of good players on the merry go round, we've got gaps in that already stretched squad and have we had a result? Again, I've said about pace, got laughed at but now somebody expresses their fear that Fev will take advantage of our lack of it! So clearly I'm not the weirdo and moaner you all say then....