Match thread: Championship Round 10: Featherstone v Sheffield. Sunday 7th May 2023.

marklaspalmas

34 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Was solid on his last stint with us, but the lack of a halves signing indicates either lacans or Taylor are fit or Craig hall is the chosen one to fill in at 6

It may be that we just can’t find a half that fits what the coaches want, I saw it somewhere one of the clickbait Journalists had said that Fev were looking for another half back.

8 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Yeah could see it that way, I still think our best performance of season came against York with Taylor at half back 

Although York didn't play up to expectations i think that is our best performance so far this season.Bit hard to judge this Sundays game with both teams having a week off.We will win but i wont be predicting the score other than double figures.

2 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I agree - what does that say about our half back options though 🤔

That's easy it says we got players who in real terms you could call not "PROPER" halfbacks but when needs must can fill in without really weakening the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

As shown by Wakey signing Gale, there aren’t many options readily available for new halfbacks in the UK. Still think teams will be looking at the likes of Corey Norman, from France, but doubt if that would include us.

Think he’d be a poor signing for anyone, seems like he likes France tho after playing over there maybe a return to tolouse ?

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

As shown by Wakey signing Gale, there aren’t many options readily available for new halfbacks in the UK. Still think teams will be looking at the likes of Corey Norman, from France, but doubt if that would include us.

GOOD!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Think he’d be a poor signing for anyone, seems like he likes France tho after playing over there maybe a return to tolouse ?

Yeah, seems like it could be possible and he did ok for them last year before the ban.

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Yeah, seems like it could be possible and he did ok for them last year before the ban.

If scoring 1 in 11 games is OK then YES he did ok for them last year:kolobok_laugh1:

3 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Rovers Facebook uploaded a picture with lacans handling the ball in training today, he could be back sooner than expected and may feature against Sheffield 

Chris Hankinson posted a photo of himself "laced up" as he put it and at least back in some form of training, so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel for him too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Chris Hankinson posted a photo of himself "laced up" as he put it and at least back in some form of training, so hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel for him too.

Hankinson is quality, so this would be a real boost if he’s back in the next few weeks.

Edited by Monkeymagic22
  • Like 2

Ford obviously the surprising inclusion, whether he's in contention renains to be seen as there hasn't been any indication that he's near to a comeback, haven't seen him in any training photos etc and we were told to exp[ect him back at the backend of May previously.

Taylor clearly still not right which is a bit of a blow especially as he and Cozza tend to fill a smilar role, that makes it more understandable that Dan Smith has been brought in as he has a bit of ball-handling in him.

My guess is Hall, one of the halves (probably Ford), one of the wings (probably Evans) and one of the middles (maybe Davies, or Springer if he's not fit yet) will miss out.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

I think looking at the twenty one  SL has some easy decisions   on who misses out  first definitely Craig H one of the wings  and one of Jono F or Tom L  

However when it comes to the forwards a little bit more complicated who starts with Craig K is it Gadwin S or James L  and in the backrow  is it Jon D or Junior M with Brad D and Jack B

As for the subs is one of the two forwards left out of the  thirteen with Dan S  Conner J  and McKenzie Y

Just me who didn’t think we played that bad, was a tough game against a side who are 3rd in league and came with a good game plan and exicuted it perfectly, proud of all of lads who played today and put in a massive shift in the heat and got a brilliant result 

• Like 9