Round 11 Match Thread

A second try for Warbrick, after some chaotic improvised play over the other side of the field.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Score Summary

C. Munster 12, W. Warbrick 39, J. Olam 61, W. Warbrick 75 Tries H. Farnworth 17, J. Arthars 24, C. Paix 78
N. Meaney 13, N. Meaney 76 Conversions R. Walsh 17, R. Walsh 78
N. Meaney 57, N. Meaney 67 Penalty Goals  
A. Pene 78 Sin Bin H. Farnworth 38, P. Carrigan 56, T. Flegler 78

They might not be the Melbourne of old but any team with Cameron Munster, Jahrome Hughes, Harry Grant and Nick Meaney will always have apunchers chance against anybody. Especially down in chilly Victoria.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I don’t think the Broncos will be to downhearted looking at the big picture . A lot went against them there and they were still right in it until the final minutes. I think they’ll be confident they have this Storm teams number if they meet down the line 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I don’t think the Broncos will be to downhearted looking at the big picture . A lot went against them there and they were still right in it until the final minutes. I think they’ll be confident they have this Storm teams number if they meet down the line 

I thought Broncos were well below the form that got them to the top of the table. They struggled under the high ball. They had some moments of brilliance but their shape and discipline lacked consistency. Of course the binnings and injury to Adam Reynolds played a part.

Wow, bunnies only needed a minute of having an extra men to beat broncos. Storm needed 20 mins. The Carrigan yellow card was scandalous.

No worries for broncos….unlucky even though they were without their playmaker as well for most of the game.

Bulldogs v Warriors, aka Battle of the Big Improvers.

CBY 0:6 WAR, with 15 minutes left in the first half.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Warriors double their lead, as Fonua-Blake runs onto a well-timed Dylan Walker pass to finish off a 7-tackle set full of big metres.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pompey makes a break, and two tackles later, DWZ takes a neat cross-field kick from Shaun Johnson to score.

CBY 0:18 WAR

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The very promising young half Ronald Volkman gets his first NRL try, chasing his own grubber. This after Canterbury were denied their own 4-pointer for stripping the ball.

6:24

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Panthers are doing to the Roosters pretty much what those two actual animals would do in a fight.

24:0 at HT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Panthers are doing to the Roosters pretty much what those two actual animals would do in a fight.

24:0 at HT

The Roosters have stemmed the tide in the second half, but when Yeo flukes a cross-field kick for a To'o try, it isn't going to be their day.

Still, a try for Corey Allan means they won't be nilled.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

FT - Penrith Panthers 48:4 Barnstoneworth Roosters

Ralph Waldo Emerson