Batley v London

Batley Bob

I agree it won't be easy. They have strengthened recently and they generally do well against us. It would be great if we carried on playing our recently acquired more expansive game, but as usual l would be happy with any sort of win and staying second.

Fascinating down to third with Eagles winning last night, if Toulouse win tonight then forth. We beatLondon back to second.

52-16, so we're currently 4th on points difference. I think we'd be happy with that come season end but to nip back up 2 keeps us in the eye.

• Like 1

It's beginning to be a shambles this league with teams getting people in at the drop of the hat just glad we have a great band of brothers.

• Like 2

Bringing players in willy nilly isn't always the best thing in my book if there not training regular then how are the going to learn the game plan and set plays, to me it just upsets the team dynamic! Our boys know each other inside and and out and they all  Know their names job and what's expected of them I'd rather have a well drilled tight knit unit like our boys, than a bunch of players dropping in for the odd game! I don't expect it to be easy today, the weather will be hot and muggy so fitness will be a big part of today's game, I expect our game plan will be as it always is, forwards will do what they always do and grind the opposition down leaving our backs to set up and make the plays hopefully leading to another win for us! Good luck as ever boys👍

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

The 2 points just gives us an acceptable gap, but we'll have to cause their defence more grief down the hill and make better game choices. Must stop Oli Leyland.

• Like 1

Poor today from the boys from the start, we just never seemed to get any real momentum going it seemed all stop start from us with too many missed tackles allowing them too many off loads, intercepted try could have been avoided we had 2 on 1 if it had we gone thru hands, Meadows hard to read at times must be frustrating playing along side him is he going to give or go? Should we have gone for the 2 points with 10 mins to go? when that was the only time we had a little momentum going, and not really a difficult kick, 30 out in front of the sticks! (All ifs & buts) I know, we where down on numbers today but I still thought we should have beaten them! A loss at some time was inevitable but to lose to a poor team in such a way is disappointing! 

You've got to earn the right to play. We didn't do that today. We never dominated up front and missed too many tackles. Going for the money ball when it was never on cost us dearly. Also the inability to deal with anything unusual that they did ie. Short drop outs. Disappointing but a reality check for next weeks tough journey to Barrow.

20 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

London converted all there tries and and converted a penalty , where as we missed a penalty and didn't convert one of the tries 

We converted 1 try speaking of which I've said before Meadows kicking is not very consistent, converts 1 from wide out but misses a sitter in front of the sticks! 

• Like 1

There was a strange comment from Linners on his radio interview; he acknowledged the injury list, the pressure on the same players week in week out and also said that he had asked to bring some players in but had been told no....is that by clubs who have been asked (I can't believe that anyone would refuse us whilst letting other players go all over) or is it our BoD (again, difficult to believe that with all the kudos heaped on Batley through Linners' high profile, the club would refuse if it meant having to spend). A little concerning. I thought that he would have had his eye on some Cas lads after his recent appointment. He also said that some players missing today were expected back whilst more were on sick list after today. Might we see recalls to top numbers up?

10 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

21 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

London converted all there tries and and converted a penalty , where as we missed a penalty and didn't convert one of the tries 

Sorry Rob , we did convert a try, think it was Mortons in the corner. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?