Winner?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• NSW by 1-12
    • NSW by 13+
    • QLD by 1-12
    • QLD by 13+

New South Wales:

1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters), 2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers), 3. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers), 4. Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights), 5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), 6. Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), 7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), 8. Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), 9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs), 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels), 11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers), 12. Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs), 13. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs),

14. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers), 15. Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights), 16. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys), 17. Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)

18. Scott Drinkwater (North Queensland Cowboys), 19. Spencer Leniu (Penrith Panthers)

Queensland:

1. AJ Brimson (Gold Coast Titans), 2. Xavier Coates (Melbourne Storm), 3. Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys), 4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (The Dolphins), 5. Murray Taulagi (North Queensland Cowboys), 6. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm), 7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles), 8. Reuben Cotter (North Queensland Cowboys), 9. Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm), 10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans), 11. David Fifita (Gold Coast Titans), 12. Jeremiah Nanai (North Queensland Cowboys), 13. Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)

14. Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), 15. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters), 16. Moeaki Fotuaika (Gold Coast Titans), 17. Corey Horsburgh (Canberra Raiders)

18. Tom Dearden (North Queensland Cowboys), 19. J’maine Hopgood (Parramatta Eels) 

Edited by Graham

NSW have made too many changes and they are not the right replacements. However, I accept the injuries to Haas, Cleary, Latrell and Campbell Graham made it tougher for them. 

But no Hynes, Burton? Dropping Stefano after one game? 

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

NSW have made too many changes and they are not the right replacements. However, I accept the injuries to Haas, Cleary, Latrell and Campbell Graham made it tougher for them. 

But no Hynes, Burton? Dropping Stefano after one game? 

I see no point in picking walker at 6. If they wanted Luai dropped at least pick Hynes at 6 and see how he goes. He's the future of the team. Walker is nearing the end of his career it makes no sense at all. Best is another one that shouldn't have picked. Gutho on the bench is mind blowing

• Like 1

• Graham changed the title to 2023 State of Origin - Game 3 - Match Thread

Match day:

Blues have one last chance to salvage some pride from the Origin 2023 while Queensland are out to make it 3-0.

The last time we had a clean sweep was when Maroons did it in 2010.

For a Blues clean sweep we need to look back as far back as 2000.

NSW have made a fair few changes since being well beaten 32-6 in Origin 2. In the last couple of days there has been speculation that uncapped reserve Spencer Leniu could be a late inclusion.

Qld have a more settled side. The two changes are due to a Flagler injury and Walsh getting himself banned. Corey Horseburgh will make his Origin debut and AJ Brimson starts at fullback.

Very difficult game to predict with the series already decided.  Will one or both teams dial back the intensity - Queensland because they have it won or NSW because they can't win it.  My gut says that on home territory the Blues will try and salvage some pride and get a win.  Which will be very misleading as NSW as a group, and Fittler in particular, have been outclassed, out thought and out enthused in the series.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Power cut at 10:20am. Over now, and everything back up and running, just as the match kicked off. Phew!

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson