Winner?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• NSW by 1-12
    • NSW by 13+
    • QLD by 1-12
    • QLD by 13+

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Both teams have issues with their right edge defence. Suspect the Maroons may have enough power through the middle to win it in the 2nd half with Haas missing and the Blues bench options.

Well that prediction went well. Maroons never really got going in the 2nd half.

It's not all bad news for the Maroons - this win could save Fittler's job. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I really enjoyed that game.  One of the most entertaining Origins for a few years.

It was less spiteful than the first two games - and since full on biff is no longer acceptable, a spiteful Origin in 2023 just turns into a petty, stop start afair with players mouthing off and grabbing shirts etc.

But today was still a tough game of Rugby League but it also loads of ball movement and some great tries.  With the series won, there was nothing on the line but pride but I thought it was a very good game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

54 minutes ago, eal said:

Worst possible result for NSW, this will probably convince them that Fittler and Greg Alexander deserve another go-around.

Fittler is an interesting case.  I think he is a poor coach but his record of 9 wins from 18 games and 3 series wins from 6 is better than the overall NSW record in State of Origin.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

enjoyed  the game but one thing I dont get with these supposed elite players is - one week they look like the greatest player on the planet and not long after they look garbage and visa versa- Munster the main one who springs to mind

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Rather a fun, free-flowing game - albeit lacking intensity and with not much hanging on it.

Cody Walker showed why he should have come in for Game 2. He terrorised that right edge defence.

Billy Slater letting NSW win because he has full confidence that he has the wood over Fittler in the coaching stakes??

I struggled to watch the 1hr highlights. Other than being a foregone conclusion with little on the line, the commentary is absolutely dreadful, I can’t bear it. It’s worse than Terry O’Connor and Bill Arthur which says something.

The amount of hype and how everything is ‘that’s an Origin run’, ‘a great origin play’ ‘he’s an origin player’. It’s just nauseating. They are rugby players, it’s not some superhuman type of football played on the moon. Johns is the worst, shame cos I really liked him as a player but he’s just a pr!ck.

Dont think I’ll be able to watch it again unless they change commentators 

13 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I struggled to watch the 1hr highlights. Other than being a foregone conclusion with little on the line, the commentary is absolutely dreadful, I can’t bear it. It’s worse than Terry O’Connor and Bill Arthur which says something.

The amount of hype and how everything is ‘that’s an Origin run’, ‘a great origin play’ ‘he’s an origin player’. It’s just nauseating. They are rugby players, it’s not some superhuman type of football played on the moon. Johns is the worst, shame cos I really liked him as a player but he’s just a pr!ck.

Dont think I’ll be able to watch it again unless they change commentators 

Agree with a lot of this….I turn the sound off, particularly when Blocker is on Fox.

21 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Fittler is an interesting case.  I think he is a poor coach but his record of 9 wins from 18 games and 3 series wins from 6 is better than the overall NSW record in State of Origin.

Until this season I wouldn't have said he has come up against great Queensland sides, he has lost a couple of series that NSW had no business losing. Queensland were ripe for the picking post Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, eal said:

Until this season I wouldn't have said he has come up against great Queensland sides, he has lost a couple of series that NSW had no business losing. Queensland were ripe for the picking post Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith.

Agree with that.  My worry is that he get's measured on the numbers rather than performances - as the latter is far worse than the former.

With the women's and men's u19 Origin matches played today, the latter match saw NSW deprive the Maroons of a clean sweep of titles for 2023.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson