York - Home

Indigogo

Crucial game and I'm not sure there's much else to be said except we need to win.

The squad has been announced. Junior Sa'u is named but looking on his social media pages he only flew from America to the UK today, so I can't see him being involved. Storey and Trout are both named and hopefully fit and available this week. I think there might be a shuffle about in the back line as PLT isn't a winger. Sweeting is again named, no idea why we signed him if he's not going to play. I'd guess the team will be something like this

PLT, Roby, Storey, Graham, Stevo, Spence, Sweeting, Bibby, Doyle, Everett, Robson, Sid, Walker

Kesik, Parker, Trout, Hird

That's all guesswork though. If Sa'u does somehow play we could see him on the right wing and Roby/PLT in the halves with Sweeting not playing. It would be nice to have Trout finally available, if not I imagine Levy would come in for him.

Edited by Indigogo

I would take any win at all. 60:59 and I wouldn't make comment about defence. It's all about getting to the end of the season and we've stayed up.

Championship 1 is barely a step up from amateur baring 3 or 4 teams. We waited so long to be in this division I do hope we get more than 1 season out of it

• Like 1

I just hope our confidence hasn't been shattered after last week. I think we played poorly but caught the Bulls in red hot form. We have to be able to put that behind us and move forward.

Every game is important for the rest of the season but our home games especially so.

York seem to be inconsistant this season although they seem to be getting a few of their injuries back. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Pathetic from top to bottom.

Jy-Mel has been sacked now.

I daren't ask if they have a replacement lined up.

Additional day to get sorted as the next,coach-less opposition,Widnes Vikings,host Bradford tomorrow night.

Rugby League in England. No other sport like it.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

36 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Pathetic from top to bottom.

Jy-Mel has been sacked now.

Not good is it? , what has gone so wrong at Keighley, players leaving, coaches leaving / sacked after so much that was promised after last season. I wonder if Hendo had a bit of an inkling what was coming when he left to join us.

• Like 2

It’s hard been a rugby league fan keighley looked a quality side when they beat us at Easter one of the best sides I have seen at the LNER this season threats all over the pitch but today they looked so poor and pretty devoid of ideas. 

It’s the genuine fans who turn up week after week win lose or draw that suffer I hope you stay up and can regroup but it’s going to be hard this division is unforgiving no easy games and even we are not safe.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Not good is it? , what has gone so wrong at Keighley, players leaving, coaches leaving / sacked after so much that was promised after last season. I wonder if Hendo had a bit of an inkling what was coming when he left to join us.

I don't think Hendo or indeed anyone could see this season turning out the way it has.

My summary is that it has gone something like this.

We obbviously needed to recruit following our promotion and made some expensive mistakes. Not sure whether this was the owners, Hendo, Lovegrove or a combination to blame.

Following a poorer than expected start to the season there has been some internal falling out between the owners and Lovegrove.

Coleman was then given an almost impossible job to do as we offloaded some of our higher paid players in key positions and replaced them with mainly young inexperienced players.

I really don't envy the next coach who is given this challenge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dovster said:

I don't think Hendo or indeed anyone could see this season turning out the way it has.

My summary is that it has gone something like this.

We obbviously needed to recruit following our promotion and made some expensive mistakes. Not sure whether this was the owners, Hendo, Lovegrove or a combination to blame.

Following a poorer than expected start to the season there has been some internal falling out between the owners and Lovegrove.

Coleman was then given an almost impossible job to do as we offloaded some of our higher paid players in key positions and replaced them with mainly young inexperienced players.

I really don't envy the next coach who is given this challenge.

I really feel for the fans, all any of us want is to be entertained and see good rugby with hopefully some success, on paper it looked as if all that was coming good at Couger Park this season then as you say there appeared to be a falling out. This does no good whatsoever for the game as a whole, you can see similar goings on up in Cumbria all very sad. I agree Coleman was on a hiding to nothing and to be fair I don’t think he was the right man for that particular job, I just hope you don’t go for Kear as an interim coach. I have some very fond memories of coming to Lawkholme Lane / Cougar Park over far too many years than I care to mention and I hope there will be many more to come and the Scarlet, Emerald and White get their pride back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I daren't ask if they have a replacement lined up.

Additional day to get sorted as the next,coach-less opposition,Widnes Vikings,host Bradford tomorrow night.

Rugby League in England. No other sport like it.

Apparently Cougarmania legend Matt Foster is in line to take over with an announcement tomorrow.

No idea how we've temped him over from Australia. Apparently he was there watching that debacle today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

It all stems from the owners.

I think Rhys Lovegrove was the glue holding it all together and after we lost to Batley in the cup there was cross words. A few losses later to Sheffield and Toulouse I'm presuming there was further disagreements and Rhys was sacked cause of this rather than anything to do with results. Jy-Mel never asked for the job and was on an absolute hiding to nothing from the outset. Apparently he's asked for money from props, to keep Ben Crooks and for us to operate on Lewis Young, obviously none of these have happened. I feel for him as he's clearly been shafted somewhat. A penny for his thoughts tonight. 

• Like 1

Getting hammered by an in form, play-off hunting Bradford at Odsal is one thing, but shipping 50 points (and lets face it, could have been much more) at home to a side who we began the day level with in the table is an absolute disaster and an embarrassment. I'm relieved to hear the owners are now taking some action but fear it may well be too little too late. It should have been clear after losing up at Newcastle that changes were needed but it's been heads buried firmly in the sand the last month or so. Seems to me that the owners are too proud to admit they've got every big decision wrong this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BD20Cougar said:

I'm relieved to hear the owners are now taking some action but fear it may well be too little too late. 

It seems to be the owners' actions that caused this tbh - starting with the sacking of Rhys Lovegrove.

2 hours ago, RBKnight said:

It seems to be the owners' actions that caused this tbh - starting with the sacking of Rhys Lovegrove.

True, if they'd just left lovegrove in charge I have no doubt we'd be in a better place currently.

I was meaning more that the last month or so they seem to have been hoping Jymel and Jake Webster would work miracles with the mishmash squad we've ended up with when it was pretty clear to everyone watching week in week out that they were out of their depth. I'm glad we're now trying something/someone different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BD20Cougar said:

True, if they'd just left lovegrove in charge I have no doubt we'd be in a better place currently.

I was meaning more that the last month or so they seem to have been hoping Jymel and Jake Webster would work miracles with the mishmash squad we've ended up with when it was pretty clear to everyone watching week in week out that they were out of their depth. I'm glad we're now trying something/someone different.

I've no doubt we'd be around the playoffs if Rhys was in charge. I think we'd have beaten Swinton at home and probably Barrow and Newcastle away. All games we lost by 2 points. That'd put us on 18 points before yesterday and just behind fax in 7th. I also think we'd have give yesterday a better crack and maybe won. All if, buts and maybe now though!

It's so clear it was a knee jerk reaction to some falling out behind the scenes and never about results.

• Like 2