Town commentary

Seaton Lad

As an aside to the lack of radio coverage could this be adding to our “friends” down the road  financial difficulties (apart from the team performance) the fact that rather than stand in the open watching a lack lustre performance on the pitch you can listen to the slightly bias commentators in the comfort of your own home and save the money ( that is desperately needed by your team 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Why do they commentate on home matches  it should be the away matches that get the commentary. Surely  the home teams want as many fans into there ground as possible. rather than them sitting at home listening to the match 

Totally agree that away games should be broadcast as a matter of course, however I was away last week and throughly enjoyed listening to the Rochdale match, for me a great reason to broadcast home games as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

Listening to the barra game and he keeps telling us havens score but hasn't once mentioned Town. 

Nobody cares about League 1

RFL dont-  They give us hardly any fixtures or hardly any CF

Radio Cumbria definitely dont - only doing the 2 local HOME champs - in fact BBC radio dont care  because they didn't do any of the other L1,s today.

Just SL, Champ and Ladies!

Best thing that could have happened would have been if RFL had made 2 leagues of 10 for SL - which would have left 16 team championship

• Like 1

Hey all, just wanna weigh in on this one.

Unfortunately a lot of the grounds in League 1 don’t have the required facilities to broadcast. I know for a fact that Midlands, Cornwall, North Wales and Oldham don’t have the usual set up required to broadcast. That will chance when Oldham head back to Boundary park in 2024. Further to that RC have struggled getting someone to cover Workington on a regular basis whether that be at home or away. 

I very happily offer my services when my Whitehaven commitments allow but as you’ll be well aware there’s very few weekends that see Town play when the Championship sides aren’t in action. Please also bear in mind that those who do the RL commentaries are all freelance and may also have other commitments when they aren’t covering their regular sides. 

1 hour ago, JordanW said:

Hey all, just wanna weigh in on this one.

Unfortunately a lot of the grounds in League 1 don’t have the required facilities to broadcast. I know for a fact that Midlands, Cornwall, North Wales and Oldham don’t have the usual set up required to broadcast. That will chance when Oldham head back to Boundary park in 2024. Further to that RC have struggled getting someone to cover Workington on a regular basis whether that be at home or away. 

I very happily offer my services when my Whitehaven commitments allow but as you’ll be well aware there’s very few weekends that see Town play when the Championship sides aren’t in action. Please also bear in mind that those who do the RL commentaries are all freelance and may also have other commitments when they aren’t covering their regular sides. 

You know the in’s and out’s of this , but to me seems simple, in this day and age of technology all you need is a mobile phone as demonstrated yesterday with a commentary from Cornwall, all be it affected by the wind and conditions, Radio Cumbria have little desire to cover Town matches as they see your beloved Haven and Barrow as priority, and nothing to do with being in the championship as a few Town games last season where not covered.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobg said:

You know the in’s and out’s of this , but to me seems simple, in this day and age of technology all you need is a mobile phone as demonstrated yesterday with a commentary from Cornwall, all be it affected by the wind and conditions, Radio Cumbria have little desire to cover Town matches as they see your beloved Haven and Barrow as priority, and nothing to do with being in the championship as a few Town games last season where not covered.

Think the freelance bit says it all Bob, clearly they will go for own team every time