Oliver Gildart to join Leigh for the rest of the season?

On 30/07/2023 at 16:03, Wolford6 said:

I played lower-level  rugby union for thirty years till 1998 

is there another level?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm sure we quite rightly would kick off. Contracts are contracts. Degsy can always pay us a transfer fee though, we could use it to fund a wrap on Neil's Ford Mondeo to cover it in little robins. I mean it wouldn't be as good as a leopard print Lamborghini but it would stand out on Preston Road for sure

On bricks I imagine.

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

41 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

On bricks I imagine.

Or on fire 🔥 🔥

Reminds me of the Tottenham Riots a few years ago, Sky News had heard reports of cars on fire in Salford so cut to an interview with a local police chief there...

"Chief inspector, do you think the riots have spread to Greater Manchester?"

"No, it's just 11pm on a Friday"

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

18 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

is there another level?

No, and that's why so many over-35 ex-RL players of any range of ability like it. You generally play with a decent bunch of lads on good pitches. Then you have a nice warm shower,  go back to a nice clubhouse ... often with hand-pulled beer ... and get a meal. Then, even if  you don't get picked again next week, you'll usually play because there are always people crying off in the 1st and 2nd teams.

Your kids can play mini-rugby on a Sunday and there's always good conversation and fun amongst the parents group. If you're in the electrial, plumbing or building trade, there's always someone who needs something doing.

John Bentley, Graham Steadman, Gary Mercer and Phil Vievers played  post-RL for Cleckheaton ... albeit at first-team level. I don't think any of them complained about the place.

I once lined up at hooker for the kick off against Huddersfield YMCA 4ths and was faced by the opposite front row ... including Ian van Bellen. He was an absolute gentleman and we all went to work on Monday.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

34 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

No, and that's why so many over-35 ex-RL players of any range of ability like it. You generally play with a decent bunch of lads on good pitches. Then you have a nice warm shower,  go back to a nice clubhouse ... often with hand-pulled beer ... and get a meal. Then, even if  you don't get picked again next week, you'll usually play because there are always people crying off in the 1st and 2nd teams.

Your kids can play mini-rugby on a Sunday and there's always good conversation and fun amongst the parents group. If you're in the electrial, plumbing or building trade, there's always someone who needs something doing.

John Bentley, Graham Steadman, Gary Mercer and Phil Vievers played  post-RL for Cleckheaton ... albeit at first-team level. I don't think any of them complained about the place.

I once lined up at hooker for the kick off against Huddersfield YMCA 4ths and was faced by the opposite front row ... including Ian van Bellen. He was an absolute gentleman and we all went to work on Monday.

Beer must have been watered if you went to work on Monday.