1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 7 to 12 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 17:00

We didn’t see any of the first half as we just needed some time to chill out in Club Wembley and absorb what we’d seen in the Challenge Cup Final. Made our way round to the Fax end as we have a few friends who support them (and had the pleasure of joining for breakfast at Baker St). Fair to say we had the perfect view of the late Batley try from the front row of the second tier!

They did have the SL-style countdown clock at least but understandably the Batley fans won’t have been able to see it as it was on the same side as the majority of their fans. Using the Our League stream on the big screen was tinpot beyond belief. It literally buffered a couple of times. Incredible stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It doesn't matter now, but it's not reyt is it? 🫣

I've never minded loan deals if I'm honest.  With Hooley, it was something that was always going to happen as part of the deal when he moved from Bulldogs to Rhinos, otherwise he'd be on duel reg at Bulls, wouldn't he?

I've never been a fan of duel reg, though. In fact, i hate the idea of it, even when we used it. Although when we did, it was for players to come long term, rather than a run out for a Super League player who'll drop straight into a Championip squad ad hoc, and then they were usually young lads who weren't quite making the grade at that point. 

Are Fax in a duel reg agreement with anyone?

The match got exciting at the end, through I think you'll agree.  Losing a match and scoring the most trys is always annoying, though.  Letting that one soft try in at the beginning and giving three penalties away in kicking distance are all errors that cost us. 

SIGNATURE

3 hours ago, BatleyFanAndy said:

I've never minded loan deals if I'm honest.  With Hooley, it was something that was always going to happen as part of the deal when he moved from Bulldogs to Rhinos, otherwise he'd be on duel reg at Bulls, wouldn't he?

I've never been a fan of duel reg, though. In fact, i hate the idea of it, even when we used it. Although when we did, it was for players to come long term, rather than a run out for a Super League player who'll drop straight into a Championip squad ad hoc, and then they were usually young lads who weren't quite making the grade at that point. 

Are Fax in a duel reg agreement with anyone?

The match got exciting at the end, through I think you'll agree.  Losing a match and scoring the most trys is always annoying, though.  Letting that one soft try in at the beginning and giving three penalties away in kicking distance are all errors that cost us. 

Whatever way you dress it up dual reg is a stain on the game and is fir the benefit of the 'parent' club only. Fax are in dr with Castleford at the moment and have had equally disastrous liaisons with Salford, Huddersfield and HKR. As long as we continue with that approach we will stay where we are and they will keep their boot firmly on our necks. As for the game i thought Fax out Batleyed Batley! An amazing last couple of minutes though. 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Whatever way you dress it up dual reg is a stain on the game and is fir the benefit of the 'parent' club only. Fax are in dr with Castleford at the moment and have had equally disastrous liaisons with Salford, Huddersfield and HKR. As long as we continue with that approach we will stay where we are and they will keep their boot firmly on our necks. As for the game i thought Fax out Batleyed Batley! An amazing last couple of minutes though. 😮

Fantastic match, but Batley V Fax games usually are the matches of the round, aren't they?  Fax were well worth the win, without doubt 👏

I'm in full agreement with you though, regarding DR. The sooner we're rid, the better IMO.

• Like 1

SIGNATURE

Having managed to keep away from the result just watched it, pretty dour first half but totally made up for it with the second half showing, Batley just took to long to get rid of the nerves and start playing to make it a classic, but well done Fax.

Good to see that Mr and Mrs Beaumont were in attendance for the game and Mrs B doing the presentations when they could so easily have elected an employee of AB Sundecks to represent them, when considering the euphoria of winning the Challenge Cup was still very strong they could have been excused for wanting to be with the Leopards representatives and player's.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Having managed to keep away from the result just watched it, pretty dour first half but totally made up for it with the second half showing, Batley just took to long to get rid of the nerves and start playing to make it a classic, but well done Fax.

Good to see that Mr and Mrs Beaumont were in attendance for the game and Mrs B doing the presentations when they could so easily have elected an employee of AB Sundecks to represent them, when considering the euphoria of winning the Challenge Cup was still very strong they could have been excused for wanting to be with the Leopards representatives and player's.

I didn't notice that. Well done! 👏🏼