Wembley Central

This is an extract from an email, I subscribe to TFL.

To be honest I never use Wembley Central but maybe of use to people who do.

Travel to/from Wembley Stadium on Saturday 12 August

On Saturday 12 August, Wembley Central station will be closed due to planned engineering work. There will also be no Chiltern Railways service to/from Wembley Stadium station due to industrial action.

If you are attending the Rugby Challenge Cup Finals, please use alternative routes via the Metropolitan and Jubilee lines to/from Wembley Park. For information on national rail services visit the National Rail website. To plan your journey, visit our website.
Edited by DaveyJalfrezi
Change if to of
  • Like 2

Could you amend the topic title to include Wembley Stadium station as well?

Useful info to have - thanks for sharing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On Saturday, the Metropolitan Line is pretty much the main option for those arriving at London termini from the North. There's an option, at Baker Street or Finchley Road, to switch to the Jubilee Line to ease the crowding.

If North-Westerners can get a service that stops at Watford (Metropolitan Line/West Midlands Trains), approaching Wembley from that direction may be a bit less hellish.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thank God we changed our minds to drive instead .....can't stand be reliant on trains 

Trains from North West too dodgy as they rely on voluntary overtime at weekends and the Unions have just started to withdraw it all so we've pre booked  parking at ASDA behind the Torch  - all day for £21.... Or go by coach - my neighbour runs a fleet of them and has twenty eight leaving Leigh tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, del capo said:

Trains from North West too dodgy as they rely on voluntary overtime at weekends and the Unions have just started to withdraw it all so we've pre booked  parking at ASDA behind the Torch  - all day for £21.... Or go by coach - my neighbour runs a fleet of them and has twenty eight leaving Leigh tomorrow morning.

The Torch not a bad spot for a few pints.