Sat 26th Aug: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/23 at 14:30

5 hours ago, Ullman said:

One positive for me is that we're addressing the sheer lack of size in the pack. Not just with the overseas players but with some of the younger players at the club. When Will Gardiner came on yesterday he dwarfed most of the rest of the pack.

As things stand we'll be competitive next season but we'll need to pull another Jake Clifford style rabbit out of the hat to make any real impact. The real platform for optimism for me are the reserves and academy players. We're up there with the best clubs in the game at that level and there's some genuine quality there. 

We're going to be an extra half too now Trueman has done his Achilles. Could miss a chunk of the beginning of the season and I'm not sure how much we can rely on him not getting another as he has form now for picking up significant ones. Poor lad.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 hours ago, Ullman said:

That's our season done now. Wouldn't like to say which two sides are going to be making up in the numbers in the play-offs but it's going to be interesting to watch. 

Likely, yes. But it's not over until it's over.

Looking at the fixtures, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that 2 out of Rovers/Warrington/Salford only win 1 out of 4. They've all got a difficult run-in (and Salford play both Rovers and Wire).

Hull have an easier run in and hopefully we've got a few bodies back for the game against Leeds. We'd have to win all 4 though (unless the others get battered in their losing games and/or we hammer a few!).

Could go down to the last game.

Or it could be all completely over by next week 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We're going to be an extra half too now Trueman has done his Achilles. Could miss a chunk of the beginning of the season and I'm not sure how much we can rely on him not getting another as he has form now for picking up significant ones. Poor lad.

Gutted for him. I really hope he can overcome this latest setback.

Big blow for the team too. Our best efforts have been on the back of his partnership with Clifford.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

This match has been mainly FC fans commenting before and after the game, writing Warrington off as a likely win for FC and when Warrington won convincingly they still expect Warrington to lose most of their four games left. This season has been very unpredictable with teams on a run (winning or losing) picking up quite a few one or the other, so I wouldn't be surprised if Warrington win 3 of their last 4.

3 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

This match has been mainly FC fans commenting before and after the game, writing Warrington off as a likely win for FC and when Warrington won convincingly they still expect Warrington to lose most of their four games left. This season has been very unpredictable with teams on a run (winning or losing) picking up quite a few one or the other, so I wouldn't be surprised if Warrington win 3 of their last 4.

I think it was mainly fans of other clubs writing Warrington off beforehand.

Most of us Hull fans are far more cautiously pessimistic when it comes to our team's prospects.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

This match has been mainly FC fans commenting before and after the game, writing Warrington off as a likely win for FC 

2 Hull fans predicting a close Hull win is a strange qualifier for the terms "mainly" and "writing off"...

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC

51 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

2 Hull fans predicting a close Hull win is a strange qualifier for the terms "mainly" and "writing off"...

I think you need to look at your posts in the last week on this and end of season predictions. Most accepted that Warrington deserved the win but with a comment that you can't see them winning more than one game.

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I think you need to look at your posts in the last week on this and end of season predictions. Most accepted that Warrington deserved the win but with a comment that you can't see them winning more than one game.

I think if you look at my post on this very thread, I said I was worried about this one. I predicted a win, but that doesn't mean I'd written them off at all.

I think they'll pick up another win. I don't think they'll pick up more than that, but that doesn't mean I'm writing them off. They certainly could do.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Thank god for that, you don't need to change teams this week then!

Wasn't going to mate. I've been watching Wire all season,I'm a season ticket holder.In any case,what's it got to do with you? I'll spend my time and money how I see fit. Have a good season.👍 

• Like 2

On 26/08/2023 at 22:18, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s one thing Hull writing this season off as part of the rebuild, but seriously, what do people see in the current signs of 2024 squad building that provides a platform for optimism?

Genuine question 

I think even if we don't improve at all from what we are right now, we will be reasonably competitive. If you look at the table for the last 15 games, we are 5th. It was only that early season run whilst Smith was trying to turn the team around that took us out of contention. So another year of Smith working with them, we should be around the playoffs even if the squad doesn't improve.

We will need to see how we look once recruitment is complete though. We have added a lot of size and athleticism to the pack, which is good. We probably have at least 4 or 5 more signings to come. Plus Dwyer is leaving so that alone probably counts for a couple of places on the table.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Wasn't going to mate. I've been watching Wire all season,I'm a season ticket holder.In any case,what's it got to do with you? I'll spend my time and money how I see fit. Have a good season.👍 

I'm just ribbing pal, don't take owt i write on here too seriously.