Women's Super League - Play-Off Semi-Finals Sat 23/9/23 - Live on Sky

Leeds spurn a great DG position and get held up right before the try line. Could be a real bum-biter of a decision.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Golden Point Extra Time!

Jodie Cunningham noticing she's on camera using industrial language to rally her team!

This game has it all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Golden point it is, then.

Well, that cuts down my non-RL viewing time between this and the Jamaica v USA test later in the evening.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Golden Point Extra Time!

Jodie Cunningham noticing she's on camera using industrial language to rally her team!

This game has it all.

Still crossing my fingers for a dog on the pitch. The final condition for "everything".

Leeds to kick off.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looks like Leeds don't have a reliable DG kicker.

And it doesn't matter! Sophie Robinson plucks a kick out of the night sky and plants it firmly for the winner.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Still crossing my fingers for a dog on the pitch. The final condition for "everything".

Leeds to kick off.

Too much to hope for a 6 foot tall former Blackbrook amateur in the final?

And what a final it should be.

Classic semi final. Just brutal.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The Grand Final has a lot to live up to, after today's action.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I watched the Saint-Leeds match in the pub over a buffering shared phone feed 😄 That 2nd half was a titanic struggle! Full credit to Leeds for pulling that one out of the bag.

For those who are interested in these things (and understanding where are future stars are coming from) the Grand Final will feature two teenage half backs who learned their rugby at the Oulton Raidettes - Liv Gale for the Valkyrie and Caitlin Casey for the Rhinos. Top marks for Oulton👍

• Like 3