Matty Costello

Bring back GB

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Would be v happy with this if true. The club spent the whole of last off season trying to make it happen 

• Like 1

Great signing if true. 

Joe Bullock LOAN 

Tom Walker (worst kept secret)

Ryan King 

that’s another 3 players we are signing it we could sign them 4 I’d be extremely happy not to mention other players we will sign also. 

somehow I cannot see a relegation fight next year! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, gilbert08 said:

Great signing if true. 

Joe Bullock LOAN 

Ryan King 

that’s another 3 players we are signing it we could sign them 4 I’d be extremely happy not to mention other players we will sign also. 

Ryan king already signed on again for Whitehaven 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilbert08 said:

Great signing if true. 

Joe Bullock LOAN 

Ryan King 

Tom Walker may have another year contracted to whitehaven 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilbert08 said:

Great signing if true. 

Joe Bullock LOAN 

Ryan King 

Ryan king signed for Haven after turning down both Barrow and Town.

Tom Walker still contracted to Haven for another year. Fully expect him to be at Barrow but could get messy if Haven don't agree to release.

How can Bullock be heading out on Loan before Burgess has had a proper look at the squad and decided on players? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarraFan said:

Corkill, archer, Saunders gone.

Last I heard on this Corkill Archer are both going into the yard / are with apprenticeships & also said that they were both signing for another year. 

but can’t blame them if someone offers them week in week out rugby I guess. 

1 hour ago, BarraFan said:

Corkill, archer, Saunders gone.

What do u know barra fan? 
Archer signed for Workington Saturday and is about to start in the yard whatever that matters, corkill said he was going to Haven, Saunders going to Workington I believe 

Edited by BarraFan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BarraFan said:

What do u know barra fan? 
Archer signed for Workington Saturday and is about to start in the yard whatever that matters, corkill said he was going to Haven, Saunders going to Workington I believe 

all true. archer & rio have sined. saunders has agreed,,,

just shows that players will move on if they dont get the oportunity. 

Tricky, as all 3 were new, young, fringe players, who needed to make a claim for a spot in Raiders 17.

Saunders was 3rd in line behind Wood and Mossop, so he only saw game time when Mossop retired.

Archer had an excellent pre-season, but he was never going to replace Sammut and then Jackson came along, who's been good.

Corkill is not a 2nd row, he's a centre and even though he had some good games early on, he was never going to replace Toal, Broadbent or even Brand. And now Costello is coming, so no place next year for Corkhill. 

Broadbent was similarly a young, fringe player at the start of the season, but he made a name for himself and became a regular starter.

They are following Jake Carter up the coast who starts every game.

So these moves are understandable to further their young careers. 

I would imagine all 3 will make Town's and Haven's 17.

25 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Tricky, as all 3 were new, young, fringe players, who needed to make a claim for a spot in Raiders 17.

Saunders was 3rd in line behind Wood and Mossop, so he only saw game time when Mossop retired.

Archer had an excellent pre-season, but he was never going to replace Sammut and then Jackson came along, who's been good.

Corkill is not a 2nd row, he's a centre and even though he had some good games early on, he was never going to replace Toal, Broadbent or even Brand. And now Costello is coming, so no place next year for Corkhill. 

Broadbent was similarly a young, fringe player at the start of the season, but he made a name for himself and became a regular starter.

They are following Jake Carter up the coast who starts every game.

So these moves are understandable to further their young careers. 

I would imagine all 3 will make Town's and Haven's 17.

Admittedly I don't know much about Corkhill but not sure he'd be a starting centre for Haven

Just an observation but, if Corkill and Archer have got apprenticeships in the yard, they'll be expected to attend night school. I wonder how that will fit in with training up the coast a couple of times a week when exams are looming?

Also raises a lot of interesting questions as to who our number six will be next year. I can only hope the club know the answer to that.

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Raider83 said:

Matty Costello signed on 1 year deal, great business. Well done Raiders 👏

Means we have 6 good backs in Bulman, Toal, Shaw, Broadbent, Cresswell and now Costello with a bit of versatility in there. I would keep Brett Carter as a back up but I think that is good enough to go into the season with. 

I'd personally like to see Corkill go on loan to Workington next year with an option to recall he names games to develop. I think what helped Ryan Johnstons and Charlie's development is the fact they were regularly playing especially in league 1. 

This may be stating the obvious but if there is one thing we have learned this year is we cannot have enough players registered and without the locals, especially the amateurs, things would have been much worth.

It's sad to see that the majority of players leaving appear to be the local core and unless there is a plan we are not aware of we might find ourselves in the same battle next season, the locals bring in more supporters and were prepared to bust a gut for their home team, something we don't always get from the out of town players.  

• Like 1

Agree with RSN, we have enough backs for next year now.

Jackson #6? Or someone new?

It's the FORWARDS we need to add to.

Steve has said we will focus on locals, as we don't have the budget to bring in new big names.

Are there any locals who are good enough for Championship rugby?

Re. our current forwards. Evans needs to pull up his socks, like Burke did.

Happy to see invisible man Brooks go and looking forward to top guys Gillam and Langtree back.

Charlie needs to use super glue on his hands....he dropped the ball 3x inside 5 metres of York try line.

• Like 1

I still think we could use another back personally,  injuries can ruin a team, as we know from this season. 

Forwards definitely needed as again injuries can decimate quickly. Bullock would be fabulous obviously but cant see it. We were quite light size wise so some beef and line breaking forward needed ( Bullock again ).

Dan Toal will be a great addition and like a new signing again if he is ok again.

What about a back up hooker for Woods and a really good half back?

As for Archer, Corkill and Saunders a year in League One playing will do them great. 

• Like 1