Betfred Championship end-of-season awards

The 3 nominees for each category (player, young player and coach of the year) are out.
https://www.rugby-league.com/article/62188/betfred-championship-awards-nominees-confirmed

No real surprises I don't think. Aekins is our only representative, probably between him and Gale for our most consistent player this year. I would think Walmsley will win that.

We were never likely to be represented in coach of the year with Ford only having taken over a few weeks ago and the 3 candidates are the ones I would have expected.

I think Lacans is just too old to qualify for the young player  category  and Hau probably didn't play enough games to be considered.

19 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

So the team which finished a country mile ahead of everyone else only has one nominee, interesting 

Which of our coaches would you put forward? Longy was here the majority of the season, but would be a bit daft now he's left. Fordy, coach of the year for a handful of games?

Hau appears to be the only player who qualifies for young player of the year, and he's only played about 10 games, so a little over a third of a season.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Daft old hooker said:

So the team which finished a country mile ahead of everyone else only has one nominee, interesting 

Although you only have one nominee, I notice that it says "the nominees and winners in all three categories are determined by a poll of the head coaches of the competition’s 14 clubs. A total of 23 players received votes in the Player of the Year category spread across 10 clubs, Featherstone leading the way with five of their players recognised."

9 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Although you only have one nominee, I notice that it says "the nominees and winners in all three categories are determined by a poll of the head coaches of the competition’s 14 clubs. A total of 23 players received votes in the Player of the Year category spread across 10 clubs, Featherstone leading the way with five of their players recognised."

Makes sense. I would think nearly every vote for a Halifax player was for Walmsley for instance, but there hasn't been much between a lot of our squad this year.

The surprise omission for me was Josh Ralph but he did miss the backend of the season when the coaches would have been voting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Surprised Jones hasn't had a nomination. The guy is a genuine joy to watch. Always adds another level in our matches.

I presume Locky will win our player of the year and well deserved it will be.But i voted for Connor knowing that if he comes second to Locky it would be like a win in any other year.I love the way he reads the game and backs up breaks  if only more players did it instead of playing like robots.But that is the modern game very few real thinkers.

• Like 2