Brazil v England ?

51 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

More speed, quicker play and fitter players = harder more frequent collisions over a longer period of time 

Speed of player doesn't mean bigger collisions, speed of play is how fast the game moves, not speed of collisions they are 2 seperate things. The players are not that much quicker its the speed of passing, kicking, decision making, everything is a millisecond or more quicker.

The aussie game is quicker but they always comment on the increased physicality when coming to our comp. 

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

Speed of player doesn't mean bigger collisions, speed of play is how fast the game moves, not speed of collisions they are 2 seperate things. The players are not that much quicker its the speed of passing, kicking, decision making, everything is a millisecond or more quicker.

The aussie game is quicker but they always comment on the increased physicality when coming to our comp. 

I honestly don't understand this, yes the amateur game is tough and physical, but if you think the only thing that is different is the pace of the game, rather than the physicality, intensity, collisions, etc. then I am not sure ..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Click said:

I honestly don't understand this, yes the amateur game is tough and physical, but if you think the only thing that is different is the pace of the game, rather than the physicality, intensity, collisions, etc. then I am not sure ..

Its that comical and absurd there is little point in arguing mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

I know a couple of blokes who have played both NRL and SL. They're acquaintances rather than mates but, either way, they both found NRL more physical than SL.

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2023 at 11:20, Click said:

It is just the pace of the game, but I don't expect you to understand just being a speckie

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JonM said:

Finished 18-10 to the England u-18 side.

Brazil had to borrow a dozen players from university sides too due to domestic players being priced out of making the trip.

I think only 4/5 players who’d be eligible for Brazil made the field for them.

Not to take anything away from the game or event. 

On 04/11/2023 at 22:28, welshmagpie said:

Brazil had to borrow a dozen players from university sides too due to domestic players being priced out of making the trip.

I think only 4/5 players who’d be eligible for Brazil made the field for them.

Not to take anything away from the game or event. 

Yes there was an interview with their captain on last week’s 13 Pro-Am podcast which said this. It wasn’t a Brazilian side sadly, although as you say a worthwhile game to play nonetheless.