WOW, the forum boards are going to be red hot tomorrow.

RogerT

I’d hazard a guess roger, clubs have known for some time tbh, it’s the public that don’t, as how can you plan budgets etc do you build a good side or keep money back for IMG stuff etc. it would surprise me if clubs haven’t had the paperwork too, to know what to upgrade etc, but that’s just me I’d expect better planning than just throwing out in public domain tbh. 

Edited by Rovers13

Yes I believe each club knows what their own score is but the leagues themselves get to know together what everybody else's is(open secret as the jungle drums will have been beating).

Yes us the general public are being let in on it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Yes I believe each club knows what their own score is but the leagues themselves get to know together what everybody else's is(open secret as the jungle drums will have been beating).

Yes us the general public are being let in on it tomorrow.

Yeah I agree you’re probably right there roger. TRL meltdown 🤣🤣

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RogerT said:

On the main forum it says that all clubs will know their provisional gradings tomorrow morning.

They have know their own for a few days but should learn all of the others within a couple of days. Where would you expect to be placed out of the 36?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Lol are bored at work.

You know I meant what are the ramifications for the club are.

Edited by RogerT

17 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Lol are bored at work.

You know I meant what are the ramifications for the club are.

Bob is right though as a "B" grade you have scored more than 8.00 IMG points and less that 15.00 IMG points.

Only RAMifications is that you have to have a "B" grade to be in SL and must be one of top 12 IMG points scorers. So Dewsbury have to miss out on SL.

The Fev's board take on it is an interesting read, the statement can be found here: http://bit.ly/3s8tOld

• Thanks 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

What does band B mean.

It means, the IMG system is severely flawed and not fit for purpose.

Newcastle - The 18th best club according to the IMG rankings. Despite the fact they were not sustainable and have packed up, this speaks volumes and tells you all you need to know about the rankings.

Salford 8th??? Sustainable? I doubt it, given the financial plight that has seen several high profile players being offloaded and seen as a better prospect than Huddersfield?

Oldham - A higher ranked club than Dewsbury, that strolled through L1 last season at a canter, own there own ground, are not at the whim of somebody else when they play, really?!?

London Bronco's - Good enough to out-perform the big spending Toulouse and Fev, have earned the right to be in SL next year, but ranked 24th and way below Newcastle. 

How has this information been audited/verified?

What is to stop clubs:-

Giving out 10000 free tickets to every home game, even if none of them are used, what is to stop a club counting them as attended, like they do for season tickets, ensuring a sell out every week? 

Employing kids on work experience to click on the clubs social media content for 8 hours per day 5 days a week to increase the social media clicks to ensure a top score.

Glad it’s a B grade, we have work to do but surely if the club is open to opportunities and dedication then we can secure a high B grade. Many other clubs who ranked lower (Oldham etc) seem to have taken this on the chin with their positive statements on how they can improve for 2025. We should be aiming for the same outcomes. I feel optimistic, we have done great things over the recent years and we achieve more year on year.

Personally I think the club should do an open forum for the fans where they can make suggestions for improvements. Seems to be a lot of comments on Facebook and this may open the club up to new ideas/opportunities. 

For me, as mentioned above the stadium is a big one, however I think we can Improve on this with some quick wins (dedicated parking for media etc). I’m sure the club has some ideas however I understand this would be costly. 

No idea how Newcastle have managed that given they are unsustainable. Bulls also go bust every few years so surely they shouldn’t be placed 14th. Shocking. 

Edited by Bulldogs29

I want to hear Kevin’s thoughts on this rating I bet he’s not happy with the process 

I can see why Barrow/Newcastle have been given a Higher rating because of the where they are plus the academy and woman’s teams but Newcastle have now pulled out so that shouldn’t count 

We all would love to hear from Kevin,

Newcastle are trying to revive the club and have completed the process so good luck to them.

Barrow do run a women's team not sure about any wheelchair involvement.

Batley have not got there wheelchair team off the start line yet. 

Hearing from Kevin would be great. I Would also like to see batley with a wheelchair/women’s team. We need to see a solid push to drive this, surely one of our current mp’s Kim Leadbeater (or mayor brabin) can help at least. 

Can a championship club set up a women’s team? 

Edited by Bulldogs29

16 minutes ago, Bulldogs29 said:

Hearing from Kevin would be great. I Would also like to see batley with a wheelchair/women’s team. We need to see a solid push to drive this, surely one of our current mp’s Kim Leadbeater (or mayor brabin) can help at least. 

Can a championship club set up a women’s team? 

Fev, Bradford, Barrow have women's teams. The wheelchair team can't be far away as we fund-raised for them on the coaches to Wembley.

7 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Fev, Bradford, Barrow have women's teams. The wheelchair team can't be far away as we fund-raised for them on the coaches to Wembley.

Catchment area for the club I’d love to know how many fans actually live in Batley these days… 

28 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I really hope so, once it happens the club need to shout about it. I’m sure the local media would love to share this which brings in more awareness for the club and sponsorship opportunities. 

There’s also a good few local women’s teams in the area, if the dogs could set this up we could form a good women’s team easily. (Many of the women’s super league players are from the local area). 

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Sheffield , York,  barrow ,swinton have too

In fact I think there's only Batley , Toulouse , Whitehaven ,Doncaster and dewsbury in the championship who don't have a ladies team 

• Like 1

IMG_0583.JPG