The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It really isn’t. In fact it’s the exact opposite.

Yeah why work on facts and figures,  you know, evidence and let's just go with what one eyed Joe ten pints into his super strongbow thinks.

Anecdotal can be used, if correctly done so, as a part of evidence gathering but anyone who uses it as the major part or as the whole is a fool. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Newcastle are gone, London are not based on 10,000,000, and yes Bradford are bad  in fact if you combine Leeds and Bradford that's 1.36 Million, I will be kind to Bradford and give them 5,000 this last season give Hunslet and Keighley 2000 that's circa 20,000 for the 4 of you which is a big area, look at  Wigan, Saints Warrington and Leigh is 740,000ish and they return a combined attendance of circa 40,000.

IMG should be having a closer look at this metric.

And again Newcastle are not gone. They are looking to compete but need to secure a few things first.. pleanty of heartlands clubs have had to do the same and never get the "gone bust" "they are gone" treatment.. funny that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

No just nowhere to be relegated to.

So what. You are saying there will be no sporting contest next year (or any year under grading system) I am calling that out as nonsense. I’m also calling your assertion that I don’t like a sporting contest nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So what. You are saying there will be no sporting contest next year (or any year under grading system) I am calling that out as nonsense. I’m also calling your assertion that I don’t like a sporting contest nonsense.

Not at the bottom end of the division you don't which you have admitted.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thanks RP, that's the evidence I was referring to in my discussion with Tommy re Catchment, how much more facts and figures do I need to say a return of 13,000 is pretty darn poor out if 812,000?

Is the Catchment area metric solely about attendance figures though?

• Like 1

There isn’t in the NRL either, which you’ve admitted 

actually that’s not strictly true either, teams at the top end will need to win hames against the teams at the bottom end otherwise they will be at the bottom end.

Edited by Chrispmartha

20 minutes ago, RP London said:

Yeah why work on facts and figures,  you know, evidence and let's just go with what one eyed Joe ten pints into his super strongbow thinks.

Anecdotal can be used, if correctly done so, as a part of evidence gathering but anyone who uses it as the major part or as the whole is a fool. 

Bloody hell RP, with your input curiosity got the better of me and I looked at Sheffield's population 746.000 you are worse than Leeds that will be music to Chrismartha's earhols.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Thanks RP, that's the evidence I was referring to in my discussion with Tommy re Catchment, how much more facts and figures do I need to say a return of 13,000 is pretty darn poor out if 812,000?

I'm not great at maths, but in absolute terms, isn't 13,000 a lot bigger than 7000? 

If we're only looking at attendances relative to catchment, then we should put a Super League club in Hutton-le-Hole and just persuade the 150 residents to attend. Then we'd hit 100% of the catchment! Woohoo!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's why interest and crowds fade away rapidly at the bottom and the middle, they keep having to increase the numbers of teams qualifying for playoffs in these leagues, there's serious talk of 10 in NRL, even the NFL do the same. Luckily these leagues top teams pull their weight and generate enough interest at the top end to sustain the bottom....I'd say that's not true of SL based on things like Playoff crowds.....🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'm not great at maths, but in absolute terms, isn't 13,000 a lot bigger than 7000? 

If we're only looking at attendances relative to catchment, then we should put a Super League club in Hutton-le-Hole and just persuade the 150 residents to attend. Then we'd hit 100% of the catchment! Woohoo!

People are relating catchment area criteria to mean attendances in that catchment area, which IIRC the grading handbook doesn’t mention that in that section of the grades, attendance figures relate to the fandom section.

Catchment is more related to community work isn’t it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Exactly. You mock the IMG 👏👍

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Apart from the catchment area isn’t about attendances in the IMG gradings.

When people speak of attendances think they are actually speaking of a rough estimate of product sales of that club in its own market area. 

Seems like catchment is useless tripe in that case, thing is, it punishes some clubs and not others. Very interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

When people speak of attendances think they are actually speaking of a rough estimate of product sales of that club in its own market area. 

Seems like catchment is useless tripe in that case, thing is, it punishes some clubs and not others. Very interesting. 

Again that’s why catchment isn’t about attendances in the gradings.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Again that’s why catchment isn’t about attendances in the gradings.

What's it about. Clubs should move to improve their score....because catchment.....to what end if not because of the relationship between catchment and market size.....and if it doesn't matter if you capture a chunk of the market then again why??? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

People are relating catchment area criteria to mean attendances in that catchment area, which IIRC the grading handbook doesn’t mention that in that section of the grades, attendance figures relate to the fandom section.

Catchment is more related to community work isn’t it?

Catchment area is defined as "the population of the local authority district where the clubs stadium is located divided by the number of Tier 1 and Tier 2 clubs in the same area".  Figures based on the 2021 census.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.