Paul Sykes

Dewsbury fans are reporting on their section of the forum that Paul Sykes has signed for another year.

I thought this was worth mentioning - he will turn 43 during the 2024 season, which will be his 26th year playing pro-rugby league and with Dewsbury's promotion will be stepping back up a standard from L1 to Championship.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 11

Last time I saw him was season before last and although the footballing brain was still there sadly the pace wasn’t, he might get away with that in League 1 but the Championship is a different proposition, next season he will be up against some very good backs  and might not find the room he had last season. I hope he doesn’t regret the decision, I suppose if he is used in short spells he might contribute something with his experience and enthusiasm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Dewsbury fans are reporting on their section of the forum that Paul Sykes has signed for another year.

I thought this was worth mentioning - he will turn 43 during the 2024 season, which will be his 26th year playing pro-rugby league and with Dewsbury's promotion will be stepping back up a standard from L1 to Championship.

Think we saw him at the Huddy test ....looked in great nick for his age 

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Of course he has.

Never in doubt.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"