Top 5 Video Games Of All Time

Killzone 2

Dishonored

Gears of War 2

Uncharted 2

Resistance 2

A lot of sequels in my list. Mostly due to addition of co-op modes. Spent hundreds of hours in Horde and the remarkable co-op mode of Resistance 2 is IMO the most underrated co-op of all.

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

29 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Killzone 2

Dishonored

Gears of War 2

Uncharted 2

Resistance 2

A lot of sequels in my list. Mostly due to addition of co-op modes. Spent hundreds of hours in Horde and the remarkable co-op mode of Resistance 2 is IMO the most underrated co-op of all.

Love the first 3 GOW games, especially the first one, such amazing visuals even today and many hours spent (some may say wasted) playing online multiplayer with that one

• Like 1

1. Sensible Soccer (Amiga)

2. Worms (PS1)

3. Lemmings (Amiga)

4. Tomb Raider (PS1)

5. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)

Also considered:

Madden (Sega Megadrive)

Nintendo Sports (Nintendo Wii)

Tetris (Game Boy)

Kick Off 2 (Amiga)

Timesplitters (PS1)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert (PS1)

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (PC)

Tekken (PS1)

Wipeout (PS1)

Brian Lara Cricket (PS1)

Grand Theft Auto (PS2)

35 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

1. Sensible Soccer (Amiga)

2. Worms (PS1)

3. Lemmings (Amiga)

4. Tomb Raider (PS1)

5. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)

Also considered:

Madden (Sega Megadrive)

Nintendo Sports (Nintendo Wii)

Tetris (Game Boy)

Kick Off 2 (Amiga)

Timesplitters (PS1)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert (PS1)

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (PC)

Tekken (PS1)

Wipeout (PS1)

Brian Lara Cricket (PS1)

Grand Theft Auto (PS2)

Sensible Soccer! There's a game I'd completely forgotten about! 😁

Did anyone else play LMA Manager on the PlayStation? I seemed to just spend my whole time on that game doing up my ground then demolishing it and rebuilding because the stands you could build were all real stands from real grounds and it was just fascinating mixing up loads of different grounds' stands!

• Like 1

Tough choices, no order to these.

Goldeneye n64

Gta vice city PlayStation 2

Red dead redemption 2 PlayStation 4

Champ manager pc 

super Mario world snes

Notable mentions, street fighter 2, tekken,doom,age of empires, Mario kart but couldn't place any above the 5 I've chosen.

Edited by johnmatrix

Civ 3 pc. Epic endlessly replayable. The peak of CIv games 

Gta 3 PS2. Changed gaming forever 

Phantasy Star online Dreamcast. The first online RPG for consoles. 

Mario the ultimate platformer still to this day synonymous with video gaming.

Elite c64  yes the wire frame space epic gave endless years of play time 

Edited by Midlands hobo

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I will give an honourable mention to Medieval II: Total War, and the whole Total War series in general. That game maybe would make my list actually. 

I used to love the panzer general and similar series.

10 minutes ago, RoyBoy295 said:

There is only 1

Metal gear solid.

I actually bought a ps1 last year with MGS so i can relive my younger days.

I bought a emulator console that has over 30 consoles form over the years with their full game collection. So awesome to relive the Megadrive, N64, PS1 and even PS2.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption (1 and 2) - Can't really split these two. I love how immersive they are.

GTA San Andreas - GTA III was my first game in the franchise but San Andreas was on another level. The story, the missions, the size and variation of the map, the soundtrack, it was such a huge step forward.

Jonah Lomu Rugby - Still the most enjoyable rugby game ever made for either code. It was so simple and so limited in terms of what you could do and yet every rugby game since has been awful, bordering on unplayable (except Rugby 08, which was passable). They don't build them like that anymore. 

Driver 2 - This was really not a good game, but I played it endlessly as a kid. I can still vividly recall the terrible tyre screeching sound effects, the awful draw distance and frame rate issues but I didn't care at the time.

WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain - I was a wrestling nerd, and this was the peak of wrestling video games.

7 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

Red Dead Redemption (1 and 2) - Can't really split these two. I love how immersive they are.

GTA San Andreas - GTA III was my first game in the franchise but San Andreas was on another level. The story, the missions, the size and variation of the map, the soundtrack, it was such a huge step forward.

Jonah Lomu Rugby - Still the most enjoyable rugby game ever made for either code. It was so simple and so limited in terms of what you could do and yet every rugby game since has been awful, bordering on unplayable (except Rugby 08, which was passable). They don't build them like that anymore. 

Driver 2 - This was really not a good game, but I played it endlessly as a kid. I can still vividly recall the terrible tyre screeching sound effects, the awful draw distance and frame rate issues but I didn't care at the time.

WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain - I was a wrestling nerd, and this was the peak of wrestling video games.

I was the same with Driver when I was a kid. I remember how you couldn't get out of the car in the first one but you could in the second but when Tanner (character if you don't remember the name) got out, he just sort of appeared next to the car and when you got in, you ran up to it, pressed the relevant button and he just disappeared and you were suddenly in charge of the car! None of this modern rubbish of the guy actually opening the door and getting in and starting the car up, haven't got time for realism! 

9 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

The first 2 Smackdown games are my favourite WWF/E games. Favourite ever wrestling games for me are ECW Anarchy Rulz and WCW Mayhem.

13 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

The first 2 Smackdown games are my favourite WWF/E games. Favourite ever wrestling games for me are ECW Anarchy Rulz and WCW Mayhem.

I played a lot of WCW Mayhem, even though I bought it a couple of years after release. It still held up pretty well. I also had ECW Hardcore Revolution but I was never a fan of the games that used button combos. 

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was the same with Driver when I was a kid. I remember how you couldn't get out of the car in the first one but you could in the second but when Tanner (character if you don't remember the name) got out, he just sort of appeared next to the car and when you got in, you ran up to it, pressed the relevant button and he just disappeared and you were suddenly in charge of the car! None of this modern rubbish of the guy actually opening the door and getting in and starting the car up, haven't got time for realism! 

I remember he would duck before getting into the car but that was about it for realism. He went from outside the car to on the move in less than a second. No wonder he was hired as a driver. I spent so much time in free roam trying to find the secret cars.

Even though it got terrible reviews I also loved Driver 3 (sorry, Driv3r). It had flaws but I just wanted to drive around new and interesting places and the locations of Miami, Nice and Istanbul and the different car models were enough to entertain me.

1 minute ago, EagleEyePie said:

I played a lot of WCW Mayhem, even though I bought it a couple of years after release. It still held up pretty well. I also had ECW Hardcore Revolution but I was never a fan of the games that used button combos. 

I remember he would duck before getting into the car but that was about it for realism. He went from outside the car to on the move in less than a second. No wonder he was hired as a driver. I spent so much time in free roam trying to find the secret cars.

Even though it got terrible reviews I also loved Driver 3 (sorry, Driv3r). It had flaws but I just wanted to drive around new and interesting places and the locations of Miami, Nice and Istanbul and the different car models were enough to entertain me.

Yeah the button combo thing for moves was a little tricky but once you got the hang of it you could perform moves that no other wrestling games (at that time at least) could perform which was cool. I also loved WCW Backstage Assualt, the game get some stick for not involving a wrestling ring but the roster, the similar controls to Mayhem and it being set in an era I actually enjoyed (the New Blood era) that game is one I play regular even now. Was never a fan of WWF Warzone or Atitude, I like the customisation on Attitude but both game were a little boring. ECW Anarchy Rulz is a game I used for my e-fed when I was in high school haha.

23 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I think I played all the driver games in the end. Parallel Lines was pretty good actually because the idea of half the game being set in the 70s and half in the 2000s was a really interesting concept and then I seem to remember there was San Francisco which I played towards the end of my gaming life which I can't really remember much about. 

14 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think I played all the driver games in the end. Parallel Lines was pretty good actually because the idea of half the game being set in the 70s and half in the 2000s was a really interesting concept and then I seem to remember there was San Francisco which I played towards the end of my gaming life which I can't really remember much about. 

It is crazy how good the GBA advance versions of the Driver games are

On 14/11/2023 at 13:07, FileyBulldog said:

Love the first 3 GOW games, especially the first one, such amazing visuals even today and many hours spent (some may say wasted) playing online multiplayer with that one

Yeah the original trilogy is golden. Was kinda late to the party in that Gears 2 was my introduction to the series but all 3 games are fantastic and some of my best gaming memories were made there.

I do still play Gears although I'm more of a casual Gearhead these days but I love nothing more than 50 waves of horde from time to time.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg