Season Tickets

Batley Bob

Do we assume that any other games outside league games (1895 and CC) are all pay? Kev mentioned no concessions on walk up, will there be concessions if booking online?

Decent prices but there may be fun and games when some of your folk are asked to download them onto your Smartphones or PC - no physical season ticket.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Do we assume that any other games outside league games (1895 and CC) are all pay? Kev mentioned no concessions on walk up, will there be concessions if booking online?

No concessions only season tickets - seems there’s more over 60s watching us 

have we missed a few generations 

Well, better or worse, I've done my duty. Still waiting for this 'special' rumoured signing and a few more in before Boxing Day or we'll struggle to put 18 out.

Just to be clear-

Only Concessions are for Season Tickets if you are over 65 and price £150 instead of Adult £180. Kids £20.

Matchday Admission is £20 Adults & £5 Kids whether cash on day or online ticket.

All Cup games are shared gates so All pay and not included in Season Ticket which only covers 13 League games.

There is a chance of a Discount or Free Admission at a game during season but may not be as nothing sorted yet.

30 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Just to be clear-

Only Concessions are for Season Tickets if you are over 65 and price £150 instead of Adult £180. Kids £20.

Matchday Admission is £20 Adults & £5 Kids whether cash on day or online ticket.

All Cup games are shared gates so All pay and not included in Season Ticket which only covers 13 League games.

There is a chance of a Discount or Free Admission at a game during season but may not be as nothing sorted yet.

A question for KN or any Board member:-

How do I continue to get a Season Ticket ? I have no phone so consequently  I cannot download a Ticket on my phone.

Are there no arrangements for such as myself to get a Physical Ticket or have I been abandoned by the Club after 63 years ??? Generally , I get my Batley information second hand because I do not follow Twitter or Facebook  ( or whatever you call them these days ) or indeed access U tube .You make the huge mistaken assumption that everybody has a smart phone.

If I have misunderstood and I can get  a Season Ticket the normal way then fine.

HOWEVER , if I am correct in my reading of the situation and there is not an alternative arrangement other than your "U Tube" route then I am sad to say that you can whistle for any more of my money because unless I get get a Season Ticket the sensible way then I am done with Batley  (seriously). 

If I have misunderstood and I can get a Season Ticket the usual way then fine -  I would be delighted to walk up to the Club and give "Iro" £150 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nineoil said:

How do I continue to get a Season Ticket ? I have no phone so consequently  I cannot download a Ticket on my phone.

Are there no arrangements for such as myself to get a Physical Ticket or have I been abandoned by the Club after 63 years ??? Generally , I get my Batley information second hand because I do not follow Twitter or Facebook  ( or whatever you call them these days ) or indeed access U tube .You make the huge mistaken assumption that everybody has a smart phone.

If I have misunderstood and I can get  a Season Ticket the normal way then fine.

HOWEVER , if I am correct in my reading of the situation and there is not an alternative arrangement other than your "U Tube" route then I am sad to say that you can whistle for any more of my money because unless I get get a Season Ticket the sensible way then I am done with Batley  (seriously). 

If I have misunderstood and I can get a Season Ticket the usual way then fine -  I would be delighted to walk up to the Club and give "Iro" £150 

Hi nineoil, the season ticket is printable we are told so if you use a pc and a printer you should be fine. If not I'm sure that there will be a way for someone to buy it and print it on your behalf.  If you're stuck then message me if you want and I'll sort something out with you.

Like you I don't have a smart phone despite having cell phones at work going back as far as the huge analogue ones.  I just can't be bothered with the things to be honest.

19 hours ago, RogerT said:

Costs dear boy.

Charge an extra fiver per ST then.

FYI at Dewsbury we still issue physical season tickets complete with QR code for scanning. Our tickets are also dearer, naturally, but I can't see this affecting sales either way. We don't offer concessions on ST's either, given that 65%+ of spectators are over 65: this isn't called the old man's league for nothing.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Bill H said:

Hi nineoil, the season ticket is printable we are told so if you use a pc and a printer you should be fine. If not I'm sure that there will be a way for someone to buy it and print it on your behalf.  If you're stuck then message me if you want and I'll sort something out with you.

Like you I don't have a smart phone despite having cell phones at work going back as far as the huge analogue ones.  I just can't be bothered with the things to be honest.

Hi Bill - thanks for your input .

Like you I go back to the late 80s where I had to use  hand held "bricks" at work !! You had to keep conversations short because of very short Battery life and fear of straining your biceps from holding the damn thing up to your ear for more than a minute !!

My criticism still stands as the club have really not explained themselves very well. 

If I cannot get a hard copy Season Ticket then I will not , repeat , will not be spending any more money with Batley Bulldogs after 63 years. 

They really do need to learn some PR Skills !!

1 minute ago, nineoil said:

Hi Bill - thanks for your input .

Like you I go back to the late 80s where I had to use  hand held "bricks" at work !! You had to keep conversations short because of very short Battery life and fear of straining your biceps from holding the damn thing up to your ear for more than a minute !!

My criticism still stands as the club have really not explained themselves very well. 

If I cannot get a hard copy Season Ticket then I will not , repeat , will not be spending any more money with Batley Bulldogs after 63 years. 

They really do need to learn some PR Skills !!

The advantage was that you never left the phone at a customer because you missed the weight of it on your shoulder as you were leaving. 

On 14/12/2023 at 21:42, nineoil said:

Have you asked anyone at the club? Do you have Paul Harrisons number?

Nineoil; John Miller said at the Tomlinson do that they would print one for you if you get up there with your brass..

On another note; how much do we REALLY appreciate Tommo? Prime opportunity to show it on Saturday and in the process put money over bar....where were you all? I'm probably the biggest critic but I get my backside up there in support! Was embarrassed by the poor turnout.

8 hours ago, phildog said:

Nineoil; John Miller said at the Tomlinson do that they would print one for you if you get up there with your brass..

On another note; how much do we REALLY appreciate Tommo? Prime opportunity to show it on Saturday and in the process put money over bar....where were you all? I'm probably the biggest critic but I get my backside up there in support! Was embarrassed by the poor turnout.

Thanks for that info !

13 hours ago, phildog said:

Well done for been there , would have been there myself but last weekend before xmas and also work gets in the way as work shifts 

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012